Tillotama Shome is an Indian actor and theatre artist. She is known for playing the role of a housemaid in the Hindi film ‘Sir’ (2018).
Tillotama Shome was born on Monday, 25 June 1979 (age 44 years; as of 2022) in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. His zodiac sign is Cancer.
She did her BA at Lady Shri Ram College, New Delhi.
She then pursued her Masters in English Literature at Delhi University. She also attended a theatre group Asmita Theatre Group, New Delhi. In 2004, she did Masters in Educational Theatre at New York University, New York City.
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
She belongs to a Bengali family.
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Anupam Kumar Shome, is retired from the Indian Air Force. Her mother, Baisakhi Shome, used to perform on stage. She has a younger brother named Gaurav Shome.
Husband & Children
In 2015, Tillotama Shome tied the knot with Kunal Shome, who is the nephew of the Indian actress Jaya Bachchan. The couple had a destination Bengali wedding ceremony in Goa. The couple dated for a few years, before tying the knot.
She started her career as a model. She has been featured in various print shoots and advertisements.
She has also walked the ramp in various fashion shows.
She has been working as a theatre artist for a few years. She has performed in various theatre plays such as ‘What is Done is Done.’
In 2001, she made her acting debut with the English film ‘Monsoon Wedding’ in which she played the role of Alice.
She has appeared in a few other English films like ‘Little Box of Sweets’ (2006), ‘The Waiting City’ (2009), and ‘Sold’ (2014).
In 2004, she made her Bengali film debut with ‘Shadows of Time’ in which she played the role of Deepa.
In 2012, she acted in another Bengali film named ‘Tasher Desh.’
In 2011, Shome played the role of Malini Roy in the debut Hindi film ‘Turning 30.’
She has acted in various Hindi films like ‘Shanghai’ (2012), ‘Hindi Medium’ (2017), ‘Sir’ (2018), and ‘Angrezi Medium’ (2020).
In 2013, she made her Punjabi film debut with ‘Qissa: The Tale of a Lonely Ghost’ as Kanwar.
She has also appeared in the German film ‘Monsoon Baby’ (2014) in which she played the role of Shanti.
Shome has also appeared in various Hindi and English short films. Some of her English short films are ‘Clap Clap’ (2003), ‘Butterfly’ (2003), ‘Long After’ (2006), and ‘Zamir and Preeti: A Love Story’ (2009).
In 2009, she acted in the Hindi short film ‘Boond’ in which she played the role of Jeevni.
Some of her Hindi short films are ‘Nayantara’s Necklace’ (2015) and ‘Love Shots’ (2016). In 2013, she acted in the Nepali short film ‘Sahasi Chori’ as Radha.
Tillotama has appeared in various Hindi web series such as ‘Mentalhood (2020; ALTBalaji and ZEE5), ‘Delhi Crime’ (2022; Netflix), ‘The Night Manager’ (2023; Disney+ Hotstar), ‘Tooth Pari: When Love Bites’ (2023; Netflix), and ‘Lust Stories 2’ (2023; Netflix).
- 2013: Abu Dhabi Film Festival for Best Actress for the Qissa: The Tale of a Lonely Ghost
- 2019: Best Actor Award by Jagran Film Festival
- 2020: FOI Online Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role for the film Señor
- 2021: IWM Buzz Digital Award for Best Actress in a Digital Film for Chintu Ka Birthday
- 2021: Critics Choice Film Award for Best Actress (Female) for the film Señor
- 2021: Filmfare Award for Best Actress for the film Señor
- 2023: Hitlist OTT Award for Best Supporting Actor-Female for the web series Delhi Crime
- 2023: IWM Buzz Digital Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Negative Role for the web series Delhi Crime
- In her childhood, she used to stammer. In an interview, she shared that she lost her stammer only after she started working in theatres.
- Before she joined NYU, she was studying for her Masters in English Literature at DU when she successfully auditioned for Monsoon Wedding. In fact, she went to NYU with a letter of recommendation from the filmmaker Mira Nair. After she graduated from NYU, she got a job with Creative Arts Team and was assigned to work at domestic violence shelters and prisons. Although the experience of working with prison inmates gave her new perspectives, two-and-a-half years later, she found herself eager to return to India and pursue acting. Although Shome worked on several projects, including collaborations between India and Australia, she also worked on the film Shanghai.
- She is an avid animal lover and often posts pictures of cats and dogs on her social media accounts.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- She is often spotted smoking cigarettes.
- To maintain her fitness, she regularly practices yoga.
- In her leisure time, she loves to travel and read books.
- Shome has been featured on the cover of various magazines like ISHQ, HT Brunch, Filmfare, Runway Square, and Cosmopolitan.