Sudipta Banerjee is an Indian model and actress who is known for majorly working in the Bengali film industry.
Sudipta Banerjee was born on Friday, 5 July 1991 (age 32 years; as of 2023) in Pitapiti Village, Kolkata, West Bengal. Her zodiac sign is Cancer. She did his schooling in a Bengali medium school. She did her graduation from the University of Calcutta, Kolkata. As a child, the financial condition of her family was not very good. Her father was the only bread earner in the family and had a very low income. After her father retired, they started facing many financial challenges. In an interview, she revealed that her father was insulted and humiliated by some of her relatives and they went out just twice a year and bought new clothes once a year.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information available about her family.
Husband & Children
Sudipta got married to Soumya Bakshi, who is a politician on 1 May 2023. Her in-laws are from a political background. Soumya is the general secretary of the Trinamool Yuva Congress and the son of ex-MLA Smita Bakshi. In an interview, she talked about her relationship with him and said,
We met in a Bijaya Sammilani. After we met, there was no friendship. It was decided from the start that we would marry. The love grew gradually. There was the Covid-lockdown, and I went to Mumbai for a few months. Hence, the marriage was postponed. However, we fight a lot!”
Sudipta and Soumya confirmed their relationship in 2020 and after three years of relationship, they got married.
In 2009, she made her debut in the Bengali film Olot Palot.
She made her debut in Bengali TV Series with Dhimaner Dinkaal in 2017 and Telugu TV Series with Nethra in 2022. In 2005, she appeared on the cooking show Rannaghor with Jol Nupur and Rupsha Chakraborty where they cooked Coconut Snow Balls and Chicken Pancakes. In 2018, she appeared in the television show Gobhir Gopan Brishti. She has appeared in Bengali TV shows including Jol Nupur (2013), Jalsha 10e10 (2019), Singhalagna (2020), Khelaghor (2020), Gramer Rani Binapani (2021), Naagin (2022), Sohag Jol (2022), Sona Roder Gaan (2022), Sata Bhainka Sunanaki (2023).
- Sword inked on her left hand
- In 2017, she appeared in the television show Saat Bhai Champa and played the role of Mani Mallika which was a negative role. In an interview, she talked about an incident that occurred with her because of the negative character and said,
I went to a place for lunch on the first Boishakh… a child’s parents were saying to the child, ‘Manimalika has come. Take a picture with him’. The child says, ‘No, no, his teeth will come out! The nails will be big! What if it eats me? If it goes away with the sack? I will not go.’ This is an achievement for me. The audience took Mani Mallika, loved it… I owe you more.”
- In 2019, she played the role of Vishakha in the serial Beder Meye Jyotsna. In an interview, she said that the jewellery, costume and makeup used for the role were very different from the ones usually worn.
- In 2019, she played a negative role of a ‘daayan’ in the supernatural drama Nojor’. The character had two heads.
- In an interview, she talked about the nervousness and tension before her marriage. In an interview, she shared her feelings about getting married and said,
Now there is only marriage discussion till 2 am every day. The preparation is more intense in Soumya’s family. The wedding will take place near Science City. The reception will be in Nicco Park. Two and a half thousand people are invited to my reception.”
- In an interview, she said that she spent 50 per cent of the money she earns on shopping.