Sourav Saha is a Bengali actor known for playing the role of Ramakrishna Paramahansa in the TV show ‘Karunamoyee Rani Rashmoni.’
Sourav Saha was born on 9 July in Khardaha, West Bengal. He studied at Ramakrishna Mission School, Rahara, West Bengal.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about his parents and siblings.
Wife & Children
He got married to Susmita Mukherjee Saha, a Bengali actress, on 6 December 2013. The couple together has a son.
He follows Hinduism.
Sourav Saha worked in a theatrical production before entering the television industry. In 2007, he played the role of Bama in the show ‘Sadhak Bamakhyapa’ on ETV; the show ran for almost ten years.
He rose to fame after playing the role of the spiritual leader Ramakrishna Paramahansa in the Bengali period drama TV show ‘Karunamoyee Rani Rashmoni’ in 2019.
He appeared alongside his wife in the show ‘K Tumi Nandini’ on Zee Bangla in which he played the role of heroine Deor and his wife, Sushmita, as Saha Mukhopadhyay. In 2022, he appeared as a contestant along with his wife in the Bengali game show ‘Ismart Jodi’ which aired on Star Jalsa. The couple won the show and received a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh and a diamond necklace set.
In the same year, he also appeared in the reality shows ‘Dadagiri Unlimited Season 9’ and ‘Didi No. 1 Season 9.’
In 2021, Sourav Sana begged the votes on the behalf of his friend Kajal Singh, who was the candidate of the ruling party at that time. Netizens reacted to this and slammed him by saying that “Sri Ramakrishna himself begged for votes for the candidate of the ruling party!” However, the actor later clarified that he did not have any intentions of joining politics and wanted to focus on his acting career.
- In 2021 and 2022, he received the ‘Zee Bangla Sonar Sansar Award’ for Sera Soho Abhineta for his performance in the show “Karunamoyee Rani Rashmoni.”
- He is also known as ‘Chhot Thakur’ by his fans.
- Sourav Saha has played the role of a saint in various shows and theatrical productions. In an interview, he revealed that he played the role of Ramakrishna Paramahansa for the first time when he was five years old.
- In February 2022, he visited the Dakshineshwar temple on the 186th birth anniversary of Ramakrishna Paramahansa. In an interview, he said that he visited the temple to take the blessings of Ramakrishna, as his show in which he was playing the role of spiritual leader was receiving immense appreciation from the audience. He said,
I got a lot of appreciation for playing Sri Ramakrishna. He deserves thanks for that. That’s what I went to tell.”
- In an interview, he talked about how playing the role of Ramakrishna Paramahansa for consecutive three years has changed his personality. He said,
Speaking in one way for so many years has also changed my normal speaking habits. The walk has changed. It should all be done again.”
- On the last day of the shooting of his show ‘Karunamoyee Rani Rashmoni,’ all the cast and crew members touched his feet to pay respect to saint Ramakrishna as they believed that he might get some energy from Ramakrishna after playing his role for so many days.