Sana Amin Sheikh is an Indian actor and radio jockey. She is known for appearing in various Hindi TV serials.
Sana Amin Sheikh aka Sana Sheikh was born on Thursday, 10 August 1989 (age 34 years; as of 2023) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Leo.
She did her schooling at St. Joseph’s Convent High School, Bandra West, Mumbai.
Later, she pursued her graduation at RD & SH National College and SWA Science College, Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5′ 2″
Weight (approx.): 50 kg
Hair Colour: Black (dyed brown)
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 30-28-32
Parents & Siblings
Her father has passed away. Her mother’s name is Mubina Amin Shaikh. She has a sister named Sanober.
Husband & Children
In 2015, Sana met the Indian TV director Aijaz Sheikh. Within a month of knowing each other, the couple got engaged on 30 August 2015. On 14 January 2016, they had a nikah at Asmita Club Lawn, Near Asmita Supermarket, Station Road, Mira Road, Mumbai.
Within a few years of their marriage, they started facing troubles in their married life due to their compatibility issues. After around six years of her nikah, she got divorced from Aijaz on 13 September 2022.
Her great-grandfather, Ashraf Khan, was an actor and a singer in Gujarati theatre, who also worked as a narrator in the Hindi film ‘Roti’ (1974).
Sana Amin Sheikh follows Islam.
In August 2004, she started working as a radio jockey at the radio station Radio Mirchi 98.3 FM where she hosted the radio show ‘Ishq 104.8FM.’ After working there for a few years, she joined Mirchi Love as an RJ. She hosted a few radio shows like ‘Khoobsurat, Sana Ke Saath’ and ‘TRP – Television Radio Par.’ She has worked as an RJ for Mirchi 90s.
In 1994, she started her career as a child actor in the Hindi TV series ‘Junoon’ in which she played the role of Vaishali. The series was aired on Doordarshan.
In the 1995 Zee TV serial ‘Hasratein,’ she played the role of Savi as a child actor.
In 2009, as a young actor, she made her debut with the Disney Channel’s TV series ‘Kya Mast Hai Life’ as Rithu Shah.
She then appeared in many Hindi TV serials like ‘Mera Naam Karegi Roshan’ (2010; Zee TV), ‘Gustakh Dil’ (2013; Life OK), ‘Krishnadasi’ (2016; Colors TV), ‘Laal Ishq’ (2018; & TV), and ‘Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi 3’ (2021; Sony).
She made her Bollywood debut with the film ‘Singham’ in 2011 as Anjali Bhosle.
Some of her other Hindi films are ‘Table No. 21’ (2013), ‘Island City’ (2015), ‘Bamfaad’ (2020; Zee5), and ‘Main Mulayam Singh Yadav’ (2021).
In 2023, she made her web series debut in the SonyLIV series ‘Scam 2003: The Telgi Story.’
In 2016, she appeared as a guest in Colors TV comedy shows ‘Comedy Nights Live’ and ‘Comedy Nights Bachao.’
In the same year, she worked as a writer in the Hindi short video ‘Akta (The Team).’ She has been featured in TV commercials for various brands like Clinic Plus.
2021: Mirchi Award
- Film: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995)
- Food: Chicken Biryani, Mutton Biryani, Daal-Chawal, Butter Chicken
- Ice Cream Flavour(s): Sitafal, Almond Chocolate
- In an interview, she shared that in her childhood, she was a shy kid.
- In her leisure time, she loves singing and travelling.
- In an interview, she said that had she not been an RJ she would be a teacher.
- In 2013, while she was working in the Hindi TV serial ‘Gustakh Dil,’ she used to stand on a wooden stool to match her height with her co-star Vibhav Roy. To make her scenes realistic, she wore her own clothes in the TV serials.
- In an interview, she shared a few facts about her. She said that she loved to do interior designing. She also said that she could not eat food alone.