Ratan Dubey (1973-2023), an Indian politician and a leader of the Bhartiya Janata Party, served as the Narayanpur district unit vice president and the Assembly convenor. Sadly, he died on 4 November 2023, in Narayanpur. Reportedly, he was killed by Naxalites just three days before the assembly polls.
Ratan Dubey was born on Tuesday, 10 July 1973 (age 50 years; at the time of death) in Narayanpur, Chhattīsgarh. His zodiac sign is Cancer. He pursued his graduation at Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur, Chhattisgarh.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Ratan’s father’s name is Vansh Gopal Dubey.
Wife & Children
Ratan was married at the time of death. There is not much information about his wife.
He follows Hinduism.
Murdered by Moaists
On 4 November 2023, as he was campaigning for the upcoming Assembly elections set for 7 November and 17 November, he was stabbed with a sharp weapon at the Kaushalnagar village market, which resulted in his passing away. Following his campaign, a cockfight event was held, during which a gang of Maoists posed as local villagers approached Ratan. He became aware of the threat and tried to escape. He was pursued by a group of individuals, and one of them attacked him from behind with a knife. When he fell to the ground, others in the group began assaulting him with various weapons, including axes, guns, and daggers. In a statement, a police official informed,
Dubey ran towards his car and tried to get inside but a few more persons surrounded him and attacked him with sharp edged weapons leading to his death on the spot. The incident led to chaos. BJP workers later rushed to the police station located around 5 kilometres away from the site.”
Immediately after the incident, the police hurried to the scene and transported his body to their headquarters for further investigation.
- As per the police, Dubey was campaigning for Kedar Kashyap, who is running for the Narayanpur seat against Congress leader Chandan Kashyap.
- According to the reports, he was killed 10 days after Maoists warned political workers and candidates not to campaign in the Bastar district.
- BJP leader Om Mathur accused the Congress party and offered condolences for Ratan’s death in a tweet on Twitter and wrote,
I am deeply saddened by the brutal murder of Chhattisgarh BJP’s Narayanpur Assembly convenor and Narayanpur district vice president Ratan Dubey ji by Naxalites during the campaign. The entire party condemns this cowardly incident.”
- Ratan is the seventh BJP member to be murdered by the Maoists in the year 2023.
- He was a member of the Narayanpur District Panchayat and the Maal Vahan Parivahan Sangh.