Ranjeeta Kaur (1956) is an Indian actress, who has acted several character in several films and TV serials from 1976 to 2012. She started her film career with Laila Majnu (1976), and her last film was Zindagi Tere Naam which had a delayed release in 2012. She starred with several renowned actors like Rishi Kapoor, Raj Babbar, Raj Kiran, Deepak Parashar, Vinod Mehra and Amol Palekar, and Mithun Chakraborty.
Ranjeeta “Robby” Kaur was born on Saturday, 22 September 1956 (age 66 years in 2023) in Punjab, India. She took her acting training from Film and Television Institute of India, which is situated on the premises of the erstwhile Prabhat Film Company in Pune. Ranjeeta Kaur has worked as an actress in around forty-seven films. In her forty-one years of career span, she played various roles in fimls like Laila Majnu (1976), Ankhiyon Ke Jharokhon Se (1978), Armaan (1981), Pati Patni Aur Woh (1978), and so on.
Height (approx.): 5’4″
Hair Colour: Salt & Pepper
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Parents & Siblings
The information about Ranjeeta Kaur’s parents is not known. Ranjeeta Kaur’s sister Rubina Nijar appeared in Ek Main aur Ek Tu (1986) with the actor Rajeev Tandon (Raveena Tandon’s brother).
Husband & Children
Ranjeeta Kaur is married to Raj Masand and has a son named Sky Masand. Sky is a tennis player, and he has studied in US. She used to live in Norfolk, Virginia, US with her husband and son, and later moved to Koregaon Park, Pune.
Ranjeeta Kaur is a Hindu by religion and here nationality is Indian.
Ranjeeta Kaur began her film career with a lead role along with Rishi Kapoor in the film Laila Majnu (1976). She has acted in several successful films like Pati Patni Aur Woh (1978) along with Sanjeev Kumar and Ankhiyon Ke Jharokhon Se (1978). She took an exit from the film industry with her last film Gunahon Ka Devta in 1990. In the mid 1990s, she appeared in a few television serials and took a pause from acting afterwards. After 15 years, she starred in a film Anjaane: The Unknown (2005). In 2008 she acted in Zindagi Tere Naam along with Mithun Chakraborty, which got released in 2012.
- Ankhiyon Ke Jharokhon Se (1978)
- Pati Patni Aur Woh (1978)
- Meri Biwi Ki Shaadi (1979)
- Aap To Aise Na The (1980)
- Hum Se Badkar Kaun (1981)
- Mujhe Insaaf Chahiye (1983)
- Deewana Mujh Sa Nahin (1990)
- Anjaane: The Unknown (2005)
In 2019, Ranjeeta Kaur’s husband Raj Masand registered a complaint against Ranjeeta Kaur and his son, Sky, with the help of senior citizen’s cell stating his wife and son, Sky, tried to push him off their fourth-floor balcony. Later on Raj Masand withdrew his complaint and asked about the issue, Ranjeeta Kaur said,
Every family has some dispute, it was the same with us. My husband has a business in the United States of America, and my son also works in the same business. It was this dispute over a business that crossed its limits and my husband thought of seeking help from the police”
Awards and Achievements
- In 1979 Filmfare Awards, Ranjeeta Kaur was nominated as Best Actress for film Ankhiyon Ke Jharokhon Se (1978) and Pati Patni aur Woh (1978).
- In 1983 Filmfare Awards, Ranjeeta Kaur was nominated as Best supporting Actress for film Teri Kasam (1982).
- Ranjeeta Kaur and her husband owned a series of 7-Eleven stores in Virginia.
- Ranjeeta Kaur has played a role as Amitabh Bachchan’s heroine in the film Satte Pe Satta (1982)
- Before moving to the US, she was associated with an International School in Pune, handling Public Relations in the mid-2000s.