Rameshwar Dudi, also known as Rameshwar Lal Dudi, is an Indian politician. He is a senior leader of the Indian National Congress and popularly known as a farmer’s leader. He hit the headlines when he suffered a massive brain haemorrhage on 27 August 2023.
Rameshwar Dudi was born on Monday, 1 July 1963 (age 60 years; as of 2023) in Biramsar village of Bikaner district, Rajasthan. His zodiac sign is Cancer. After completing his school education, Rameshwar pursued a Bachelor of Commerce at B.J.S. Rampuria College, Bikaner (University of Rajasthan), in 1985.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Rameshwar belongs to the Jat family of Bikaner, Rajasthan.
Parents & Siblings
Rameshwar’s father, Jetha Ram Dudi, was a teacher in a government school and a successful businessman who founded several businesses in the fields of petroleum, mining, milk, and real estate. In 1977, he was elected as the Sarpanch of his village. Jetha Ram passed away in 1994.
Rameshwar’s mother’s name is Asha Devi. She was a homemaker who died in 2022.
Rameshwar has a sister.
Wife & Children
In 1983, Rameshwar married Sushila Devi who is the director of Dunac Automobiles Private Limited Bikaner. Rameshwar has three children, two daughters, and a son.
Chetan Singh Chaudhary also known as Chetan Dudi is Rameshwar’s cousin and a Member of the Legislative Assembly from the Deedwana constituency of Rajasthan.
Rameshwar follows Hinduism. He is a great follower of Tejaji Maharaj, a Rajasthani folk deity who is considered an incarnation of Lord Shiva.
Rameshwar belongs to the OBC (Other Backward Class) category.
He resides at Village Birmasar, Tehsil – Nokha, District- Bikaner, Rajasthan, Pin – 334803.
Rameshwar started his political journey in 1995 after his father’s death. He was elected as Pradhan from Nokha and served the office from 1995 to 1999. In the 1999 Lok Sabha election, he contested from Bikaner constituency as a Congress candidate and won by a huge margin. He was a member of the Committee on Food, Civil Supplies and Public Distribution, Lok Sabha from 1999 to 2000.
From 2005 to 2010, he served as the District Chief of Bikaner. In 2013, he was elected to the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly from Nokha constituency. Rameshwar defeated Kanhaiya Lal Jhanwar (Independent) in the 2013 Assembly elections by a margin of 30,000 votes and became the leader of the opposition in Vasundhara Raje government. In 2018, he lost the Nokha constituency to a BJP candidate, Biharilal Bishnoi, by a margin of 8663 votes.
On 18 January 2022, the Rajasthan government established the Rajasthan State Agro Industries Development Board with the aim of increasing farmers’ income. Rameshwar was appointed as the chairman of this board due to his reputation among the farming community.
In his affidavit submitted to the Election Commission of India, he stated that he is a businessman involved in the trade of petroleum products and agriculture.
He owns three cars, a BMW, a Toyota, and a Maruti Suzuki.
Assets & Properties
- Deposits in Banks: Rs. 3,89,000
- Shares and Bonds: Rs. 53,07,000
- Personal Loans: Rs. 45,73,000
- Motor Vehicles: Rs. 47,40,000
- Other Assets: Rs. 2,99,86,000
- Agricultural Land: Rs. 45,00,000
- Non-Agricultural Land: Rs. 1,75,00,000
- Commercial Buildings: Rs. 65,00,000
- Residential Buildings: Rs. 1,52,00,000
Note: The given estimates of movable and immovable assets are according to the year 2018. It excludes the assets owned by his wife and dependents (minor).
Rameshwar’s net worth for the financial year 2018-19 was estimated to be Rs. 2,27,12,000. It excludes the net worth of his wife and dependents (minors).
- His father, Jethi Ram Dudi, is recognized as the founder of Urmool Dairy in Bikaner. He helped the farmers of Bikaner by giving them the opportunity to sell their milk in the Delhi market.
- In 2019, he requested that his security be increased after two shooters were arrested in Haryana for plotting to assassinate him.
- On 27 August 2023, he suffered a brain haemorrhage and was rushed to SMS (Sawai Man Singh) Hospital Jaipur. The clot was surgically removed from his brain and he was placed in the ICU (Intensive Care Unit) for further treatment. Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot and Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar visited him in the hospital and other prominent BJP and Congress wished for his good health on various social media platforms.