Rajesh Sharma is an Indian actor, who appears mainly in Hindi and Bengali films. He is known for his roles in various Hindi films like ‘Tanu Weds Manu Returns’ (2015), ‘Toilet: Ek Prem Katha’ (2017), and ‘Dream Girl’ (2019).
Rajesh Sharma was born on Wednesday, 8 October 1980 (age 42 years; as of 2022) in Ludhiana, Punjab, India. His zodiac sign is Libra. He did a course in acting at the National School of Drama, New Delhi.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about his parents and siblings.
Wife & Children
While he was working in theatres, he met the Bengali actress Sudipta Chakraborty. Soon, they became friends and fell in love with each other. After dating for a few years, the couple got married in 2005.
After almost four years of their marriage, the couple got divorced. In 2009, he got married to Sangeeta Sharma.
Rajesh started his career as a theatre artist. He joined a theatre group named ‘Rangakarmi’ in Kolkata. He performed in many theatre plays like Gudia Ki Ghar and Rangakarmi.
In 2000, Rajesh made his acting debut with the Bengali film ‘Paromitar Ek Din’ in which he played the role of Rajeev Shrivastav.
He gained immense popularity in Bengali cinema for mainly playing negative characters. Some of his popular Bengali films are ‘Pratibad’ (2001), ‘Bombaiyer Bombete’ (2003), ‘Kranti’ (2006), ‘Baishe Srabon’ (2011), ‘Dotara’ (2018), and ‘Purba Paschim Dakshin’ (2019).
In 2005, he made his Bollywood debut with the film ‘Parineeta’ (2005) as Ratan.
However, various sources have claimed that the Hindi film ‘Maachis’ (1996) was his debut film. In an interview, when Rajesh was asked about it, he said,
No, that is a wrong piece of information floating on the internet. The first film I shot for was ‘Khosla Ka Ghosla’ but my first release was ‘Parineeta’. The former got delayed and released next year in 2006.”
He has appeared in many popular Hindi films like ‘The Dirty Picture’ (2011), ‘Special 26’ (2013), ‘Tanu Weds Manu Returns’ (2015), ‘M. S. Dhoni: The Untold Story’ (2016), ‘Dream Girl’ (2019), ‘Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2’ (2022), and ‘Darlings’ (2022).
In 2007, he appeared in the Odia film ‘Sakhi Rahila ae Singha Duara.’
He acted in the Punjabi film ‘Golak Bugni Bank Te Batua’ in 2018.
He acted in the Tamil film ‘Vada Chennai’ in 2018.
Rajesh has appeared in various Hindi TV series like ‘Star Bestellers.’ He appeared in the first episode of the TV series ‘Govind Aur Ganesh’ (1999), which aired on Star Plus.
He has also acted in various Hindi short films like ‘Mirzaa’ (2017), ‘Armed’ (2018), ‘Red’ (2019), ‘Tindey’ (2019), and ‘Almariyaan’ (2020).
In 2018, Rajesh made his Hindi web series debut with the Zee5 series ‘Life Sahi Hai’ in which he played the role of a maid agency owner.
In 2020, he appeared in the Bengali-Hindi web series ‘Kark Rogue’ as Ravikant Agarwal. The series was streamed on Zee5.
He has acted in a few Hindi web series such as ‘Paatal Lok’ (2020; Amazon Prime Video), ‘JL50’ (2021; Sony LIV), and ‘Amit Bhadana LLB’ (2022; YouTube).
He has been featured in various TV commercials like Godrej Security Systems, Ferns N Petals, and Gintaa.
He has hosted the Bengali TV show ‘Bengal Crime’ (2020).
- Song: Zindagi Ke Safar Me
- In an interview, he shared that it was his childhood dream to become an actor.
- In 1994, he used to drive a taxi of Bachchan Singh Dhaba to meet his financial expenses. He used to work as a driver in the morning and in the evening, he used to perform in theatres.
- He once shared that one of his roles which he enjoyed playing was Titu Mama from the Hindi film ‘Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana.’
- While he was studying at the National School of Drama, he was a classmate of the Indian actor Ashish Vidyarthi.
- Rajesh considers the Indian theatre director Usha Ganguly his guru in acting. In an interview, he shared that the Indian theatre directors Usha Ganguly and Aparna Sen helped him in making a career in acting.
- In 2019, he won Filmfare Award for Best Actor in the Hindi film ‘Tindey.’
- In 2021, he bought an MG Hector car.
- His work is managed by the celebrity management company Shah Entertainment Media, Mumbai, which is owned by Sunny Shah.