Rajesh Khattar was born on Saturday, 24 September 1966 (age 56 years; as of 2022) in Delhi, India. His zodiac sign is Libra. He did his schooling at Delhi Public School, Mathura Road, Delhi. He then pursued his graduation at Hansraj College, Delhi.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Rajesh belongs to a Hindu family of businessmen.
Parents & Siblings
His father, Krishan Khattar, was a businessman. He has two brothers, and one of his brother’s name is Yogesh Khattar.
Wife & Children
In 1990, he got married to the Indian actress Neelima Azeem who was earlier married to the Indian actor Pankaj Kapur. On 1 November 1995, Rajesh and Neelima had a boy named Ishaan Khatter, who works as an actor. However, the couple got divorced in 2001.
After getting divorced from Neelima, he dated the Indian actress and film producer Vandana Sajnani. The couple was introduced to each other by the Indian musician Himesh Reshammiya.
The Indian actor, Shahid Kapoor, is his stepson who was born to his first wife Neelima Azeem and her ex-husband Pankaj Kapur. On 30 August 2019, the couple had a boy named Vanraj Krishna Khattar, who was born after almost eleven years of their marriage.
Rajesh started his career as a theatre artist and performed in various theatre plays.
In 1992, he made his Bollywood debut with the film ‘Nagin Aur Lootere’ in which he played the role of Inspector Nagesh/Rajnikant.
He has played supporting role in many Hindi films like ‘Sooryavansham’ (1999), ‘Don: The Chase Begins Again’ (2006), ‘Rakhtbeej’ (2012), ‘Race 2’ (2013), and ‘Shukranu’ (2020).
In 2019, he made his Telugu film debut with the film ‘Chanakya’ as Ibrahim Qureshi.
Rajesh made his TV debut with the Doordarshan serial ‘Phir Wahi Talash’ (1989) in which he played the role of Captain Salim.
Later, he acted in many Hindi TV serials like ‘Left Right Left’ (2006; SAB TV), ‘Beyhadh’ (2016; Sony), ‘Kya Qusoor Hai Amala Ka?’ (2017; Star Plus), and ‘Spotlight’ (2017), and ‘Bepannaah’ (2018; Colors).
In 2022, he acted in the Zee5 web series ‘The Casino’ and ‘Duranga.’
Rajesh has worked as a dubbing artist in various Hindi films, English films, animated films, and web series. Rajesh Khattar has dubbed various South Indian films in Hindi such as ‘Gaganam’ (2012; Major N. Ravindra), ’10 Endrathukulla’ (2015; Driver), ‘Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy’ (2019; Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy), and ‘Pushpa: The Rise’ (2021; Bhanwar Singh Shekhawat IPS). He has also lent his voice to the Hindi dubbed version of English films like ‘Terminator 2: Judgment Day’ (2004; Miles Bennett Dyson), ‘Hellboy’ (2004; Abe Sapien), ‘X-Men: First Class’ (2011; Erik Lensherr/Magneto), ‘300: Rise of an Empire’ (2014; Dilios), and ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ (2018; Tony Stark/Iron Man). Some of his animated films as a dubbing artist are ‘Shrek’ (2001; Shrek), ‘Monsters vs. Aliens’ (2009; Dr. Cockroach), ‘Rio’ (2011; Marcel), and ‘Turbo’ (2013; Guy Gagné). He lent his voice to the character of Andrés de Fonollosa from the Netflix series ‘Money Heist’ (2020) and to John Burgess from the Netflix series ‘The Sandman’ (2022).
Rajesh has worked as a writer in Hindi dubbed films like ‘Lion of the Desert’ (2004), ‘Kung Fu Hustle’ (2005), ‘Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time’ (2010), and ‘Salt’ (2010). Rajesh Khattar owns an event and production company- Wide Span Entertainment in Mumbai.
- While he was studying in college, he started performing in theatre plays. However, his parents wanted him to join their family business. In 1989, Rajesh moved from Delhi to Mumbai to make his career in acting, and within three months, he got his first offer in the Hindi entertainment industry.
- In his leisure time, he loves to travel and read books.
- He is often spotted consuming alcohol at parties and events.
- In 2021, there were rumours that Rajesh went bankrupt. Later, in an interview, Rajesh denied all such rumours and said that in the bankruptcy rumours, even the names of his sons Shahid Kapoor and Ishaan Khatter were dragged by a few media houses.
- In 2019, he received Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in a negative role, Male (Popular) for the Hindi TV serial ‘Bepannah.’
- In 2022, he was felicitated with I No. One Award.
- Rajesh Khattar follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- He owns a Mercedes-Benz car and a Harley-Davidson motorcycle.