Parveen Dusanj is an Indian producer, social researcher, content creator, and businesswoman. She is the fourth wife of the veteran Indian actor Kabir Bedi.
Parveen Dusanj Kaur aka Parveen Dusanj Bedi was born on Wednesday, 18 September 1974 (age 46 years; as of 2022) in England, United Kingdom. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. She did her schooling at The Rochester Grammar School, England. She pursued a BA Hons in Politics with Social Economics at Goldsmiths, University of London, England. From 2000 to 2006, as an independent consultant or researcher, she did research on the topic ‘Strategy on Social Change: Race, Drugs & Gender.’
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
She belongs to a Punjabi family.
Parents & Siblings
Her father owns a construction business. Her mother, Mohinder Kaur Dusanj, owns a fast-food business, and she is also a marathon runner, teacher, foster carer, and yoga teacher. Her mother got divorced from her father when her mother was 35 years old. She has two brothers named Parvinder Dusanj and Deep Dusanj and three sisters named Suki Dusanj, Kalvinder Dusanj, and Nin Dusanj.
Husband & Children
In 2005, she started dating the Indian actor Kabir Bedi, who was 26 years older than her. Initially, the couple moved in a live-in relationship. However, their relationship was not well received by Kabir’s daughter Pooja Bedi, who is a few years older than Parveen. In 2011, Kabir proposed Parveen for marriage in Rome, and on the 70th birthday of Kabir, the couple had a Hindu wedding ceremony.
On their marriage, Kabir’s daughter Pooja tweeted a cryptic post about Kabir and Parveen’s marriage.
Her sister Nin Dusanj is married to the Indian actor Aftab Shivdasani.
The Indian actor and model Pooja Bedi is her stepdaughter.
The Indian actress Aalia Furniturewalla aka Alaya F (Pooja’s daughter) is her step-granddaughter.
In January 2005, she started working as a social commentator and contributor at BBC Radio Asian Network in London, UK. She worked there for more than two years. In 2006, she was appointed as one of the members of the board of directors at Medway Human Rights and Equality Council in Kent, UK. There, she worked for the welfare of human rights. In 2008, she worked as an assistant EP with the onset field producer ‘Reel Life Film’ in London and Mumbai. In December 2008, she joined the media house Magicworks Inc Entertainment Pvt Ltd as a partner- head of business development. While working there, she commissioned a few TV series such as ‘Humara Haq’ on DD National, a ‘Street Food’ documentary, and ‘Historic Hotels in India’ series. She also handled the agency work of her company’s clients Imagination, Ford India, and Sahara. In December 2009, she joined the film production house Pivotal Movies’ as a producer. While working there, she released the Hindi version of the popular Italian series ‘Sandokan’ in India. She also worked as the music producer of the TV series. In September 2015, Parveen, along with her husband Kabir Bedi, started a film production house Bedination. She has also worked as a producer with the film production house Minnow Films. In 2018, Parveen joined the film production house Laughing Tiger Ltd as a producer and director. She then released an international non-fiction show ‘Vegan Earth’ and a US documentary ‘Bear Witness.’ From September 2018 to November 2020, she was appointed as the vice president of the content creation company Content Flow Studios. In September 2020, she started a media company Creative Nation in Mumbai. In 2021, she worked as a creative producer for the web series ‘Sabka Sai,’ which streamed on MX Player. Parveen has penned down articles for various magazines and publication houses. Some of the articles are Voice: This Love and Substance Misuse Assessment.
- In an interview, Parveen shared that once her husband asked her to change her name as it was similar to his ex-girlfriend Parveen Babi. Parveen Dusanj got upset over this, and Kabir decided to call her ‘V.’
- She has started an all-women drama group named Tamana Productions.
- She has appeared as a social commentator on various radio talk shows.
- In 2014, she received Savvy Award organised by Savvy Magazine. She was also featured on the cover of the magazine in that year.
- In 2015, she was appointed as the brand ambassador of the National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage. She was then appointed by Fashion Revolution India as its brand ambassador.
- Parveen is often spotted drinking wine at parties and events.
- In her leisure time, she loves to travel and read books.
- Parveen is one of the board of directors at Medway Human Rights and Equality Council.
- She has been the face of the sustainable fashion label ‘House of Milk’ for a long time.
- In 2017, Suchitra Krishnamoorthi (ex-wife of the Indian film director Shekhar Kapur) accused Parveen of casting a spell on Shekar. In an interview, she said that Kabir and Parveen were trying to illegally occupy their property. Suchitra said,
They are staying in a flat which passes on rightfully to my daughter Kaveri. Kabir and Parveen are not vacating the flat. It has been 2 years now. And they don’t pay Shekhar a penny.”
However, when Kabir Bedi was asked about the matter, he denied all such claims. Earlier, Kabir and Parveen had a property dispute with Kabir’s daughter Pooja Bedi.