Parneet Kaur is an Indian archer. In 2023, she won a gold medal in the women’s team compound archery event at the 19th Asian Games in Hangzhou, China.
Parneet Kaur was born in 2005 (age 18 years; as of 2023) in Punjab, India. She belongs to Mansa, Punjab.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Avtar Singh, is a teacher.
In 2015, she started training in archery. In 2017, she began her professional training under coach Surinder Singh Randhawa at the Punjabi University, Patiala, Punjab.
In 2019, she won a silver medal in archery at the National Inter-school tournament. In November 2021, she participated in the women’s individual compound category at the Asian Archery Championships held in Dhaka, Bangladesh and defeated Vietnam’s Chau Kieu Oanh by 147-144. She won bronze in the women’s individual compound category at the 2022 Archery Asia Cup, held in Sharjah, UAE.
In March 2023, she defeated Irans’s del ZhexenbinovaParneet Kaur by 143-141 at the Tashkent Asia Cup in Uzbekistan. She participated in the 2023 World Archery Youth Championships in Limerick, Ireland. In the same year, she won gold in the compound women’s team category after defeating Mexico by 235-229 in the finals. She won bronze in the compound women’s team category at the 2023 Archery World Cup in Medellin.
She was a part of the Indian Women’s Compound Archery team that won gold after defeating Chinese Taipei by 230-219 at the 2023 Asian Games held in Hangzhou, China.
- 2021: World Archery Championships in Yankton, United States (Team)
- 2023: Asia Cup in Taoyuan, Taiwan (Team)
- 2023: World Archery Youth Championships in Limerick, Ireland (Team)
- 2023: World Archery Championships held in Berlin, Germany (Team)
- 2023: Archery World Cup – Stage 4 in Paris (Team)
- 2023: Asian Games in Hangzhou, China (Team)
— Parneet Kaur (@Parrneettt) October 5, 2023
- 2023: Asia Cup in Taoyuan, Taiwan (Individual)
- 2022: Bronze medal at the Asia Cup in Sharjah, UAE (Individual)
- 2022: 36th National Games held at Ahmedabad, Gujarat (Team)
Won Bronze medal 🥉in Compound women team event at 36th National Games held at Ahemdabad, Gujarat.
I am thankful to @preneet_kaur mam for supporting me. And my sponsors, coach and family.#Parneetkaur #Ramrodsarchery @IndianOilcl #indianarchery #NationalGames2022 #gujarat pic.twitter.com/TgkuTHf9QX
— Parneet Kaur (@Parrneettt) October 6, 2022
- 2023: Archery World Cup – Stage 3 in Medellin (Team)
- Parneet has an interest in English literature.
- In her leisure time, she likes to read books. Her favourite book is ‘The Race of My Life: An Autobiography’ by Milkha Singh, and she has read this book many times.
- It was her father’s wish for her to become a sportsperson. Parneet had to choose between fencing and archery. In an interview, while talking about this, he said,
I have always been fond of sports and wanted my child to try her hands both in sports and studies so I moved to Patiala. Fencing and archery were my favourite sporting events so I took her to the trials and she got fascinated by ‘tirandazi.’”