Nikki Bedi is a British television and radio presenter. She is the third wife of the Indian actor Kabir Bedi.
Nikki Bedi aka Nikhila Moolgaoker or Nikhila Bedi aka Nikki Gandhi Bedi was born on Friday, 9 September 1966 (age 56 years; as of 2022) in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, England. Her zodiac sign is Virgo.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Blonde
Eye Colour: Blue
She belongs to a Maharashtrian father and a British mother. As per her Instagram bio, She is an Indo-Anglian.
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Aroo Mulgaokar, was an obstetrician, and her mother was a nurse. She has a sister.
Husband & Children
Her first marriage was with the London-based Indian food stylist Sunil Vijayakar. Later, the couple got divorced.
In 1992, Nikki got married to the Indian actor Kabir Bedi. However, in 2005, Nikki divorced Kabir but chose to retain Bedi surname with her name.
Her paternal grandfather, Sumant Moolgaokar, was the head at `Tata Motors and Tata Steel, and the car Tata Sumo is named after him.
Her paternal grandmother, Leela Sumant Moolgaokar, was a social worker and a pioneer of blood transfusion in India.
Nikki started her career as a theatre artist and film actor. In 2002, she appeared in the English film ‘Fields of Gold.’
In 2014, she did an English podcast series ‘The Arts Hour.’
Voice Over Artist
In 2017, she lent her voice to the English TV series ‘DanTDM Creates a Big Scene’ and ‘DanTDM on Tour.’ She has worked as a voice-over artist at various TV shows and events including:
- 2017: Tui Travel (TUI): Voiceover
- 2016: Thomson Cruises (Thomson Cruises): Narrator
- 2015: Millies Awards (ITV): Voicover For The Sun’s Military Awards Ceremony
- 2014: One World Media Awards (Bafta): Vt Narrator
- 2013: Thomson Cruises (Thomson Cruises): Narrator
- 2012: Felix Dennis (Sky Arts): Narrator, Documentary
- 2011: Various Shows (The Travel Channel): Narrator
- 2010: The Only Way Is Essex (ITV): Cymex Sponsorship Bumpers
- 2009: Vice Squad (Five): Narrator: 6-Episode Documentary Series
- 2009: My Big Decision (BBC3): Narrator: 6 Episode Documentary Series
- 2008: Generation Sex (Channel 5): Narrator: 6 Episode Documentary Series
- 2007: Indian School (BBC 4/BBC World): Narrator: 10 Episode Documentary Series
- 2003: India Calling – Channel 4 (Channel 4): One-Hour Documentary About India’s Call Centres
- 2002: Magnificent Seven (The Studio): Themed Movie Countdowns
- 2001: Bollywood Dreams (BBC2): One-Hour Documentary About People Trying To Make It In Hindi Films
- 1998: Sportlight (Doordarshan, India): Syndicated Sports Highlight Show
Talk Show Host
Nikki has hosted the Star TV talk show ‘Nikki Tonight,’ which went off air after the gay rights activist Ashok Row Kavi made a derogatory remark about Mahatma Gandhi.
Radio Show Presenter
In 2003, Nikki started working with the radio channels LBC and BBC Radio 4. In 2005, she hosted the BBC Asian Network radio show ‘Hot Breakfast.’ In May 2006, she started her radio show ‘The Nikki Bedi Show’ which aired on the BBC Asian Network. Some of her other popular radio shows are:
- 2017: The Arts Hour On Tour (BBC World Service): Curator/Presenter: Monthly Global Touring Edition
- 2017: Loose Ends (BBC Radio 4): Interviewer/Presenter
- 2017: The Sunday Morning Show (BBC London 94.9): Presenter
- 2016: Woman’s Hour (BBC Radio 4): Presenter
- 2016: The Early Breakfast Show (BBC Radio London): Presenter
- 2016: Loose Ends (BBC Radio 4): Interviewer/Presenter
- 2014: The Arts Hour (BBC World Service): Curator/Presenter
- 2014: Loose Ends (BBC Radio 4): Interviewer/Presenter
- 2013: The Arts Hour (BBC World Service): Curator/Presenter
- 2011: The Breakfast Show (BBC London 94.9): Music and Entertainment Show
- 2011: The Saturday Late Show (BBC London 94.9): Music and Entertainment Show
- 2010: The Film Programme (BBC Radio 4) Series Exploring – The Rise of Community Cinemas
- 2010: Bollywood Britain (BBC Radio 2): Presenter: 3-Part Documentary Series
- 2009: The Nikki Bedi Show (BBC Asian Network): Daily Entertainment, Arts and Culture Show
- 2006: Nikki Bedi on The BBC Asian Network (BBC Asian Network): Daily Entertainment, Arts And Culture Show
- 2005: Drive with Nikki Bedi (BBC Asian Network): Daily Live Entertainment and News Show
In 2010, she appeared as a judge in the New Novel category at Costa Book Awards. She was also one of the judges at the European Independent Film Festival Awards and the One World Media Awards.
Nikki has also worked as a presenter in the English film ‘Wise Children’ (2019). She has worked as a presenter in various English film shows for the channels like Now, Worldwide Screen, and Bollywood Today. In 2010, she presented the BBC Radio 2 documentary series ‘Bollywood Britain.’ Some of her TV shows as a TV presenter are:
- 2017: Inside Out (BBC ONE): Current affairs programme
- 2016: Inside Out (BBC ONE): Current affairs programme
- 2015: The Heart Of… (BBC WORLD NEWS): Global arts show
- 2014: The Heart Of… (BBC WORLD NEWS): Global arts show
- 2011: To Buy or Not To Buy (BBC 1): Property show
- 2010: To Buy or Not To Buy (BBC 1): Property show
- 2008: Desi DNA (BBC 2) Arts, entertainment, and culture show
- 2007: Desi DNA (BBC 2) Presenter: Arts, entertainment, and culture show
- 2006: Desi DNA (BBC 2) Presenter: Arts, entertainment, and culture show
TV Show Panelist
Nikki Bedi has been invited as a panellist at various TV shows such as ‘Bombay Chat’ (Channel 4; 1994), ‘Bold And Beautiful Anniversary Show’ (Star TV; 1997), ‘Filmi Fundas’ (Channel 4; 2000), ‘The Last Word’ (Central; 2003), and ‘Sunday Morning Live’ (BBC One; 2016).
TV Show Host
Nikki Bedi has also hosted many corporate shows like Nortel Communications (Nortel; 2000), Nikki All Nite (G-Slot Communications; 2001), Asian Trader Awards (Asian Marketing Group; 2003), Pharmacy Business Awards (Asian Marketing Group; 2005), and VOOM (Virgin Media Business; 2017).
- Travelling Destination: Mumbai
- Nikki is often spotted drinking alcohol at parties and events.
- In her leisure time, she loves to travel and read books.
- She was featured on the cover of The Richmond Magazine in March 2022 edition.