Monu Goyat is an Indian Kabaddi player. He played for teams like Bengal Warriors, Haryana Steelers, and others in the Pro Kabaddi League. He also played for the Indian national team in global matches.
Monu Goyat, called the ‘Silent Killer’, was born on Sunday, October 16, 1994, in Kungar, Haryana (age 36 years; as of 2023). He lives in Hansi, Haryana. His sun sign is Libra. He began playing kabaddi when he was just 10 years old in his village. His uncle encouraged him to play, and he later joined his school’s under-19 kabaddi team.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 80 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.):Chest: 42”; Waist: 32”; Biceps: 16”
Family & Caste
Monu is from a Jat family in Haryana.
Parents & Siblings
Monu Goyat’s father is Ram Bhagat Singh, and he is a farmer.
His mother’s name is Darshani Devi.
He has a brother named Devendra Goyat, who is three years older than him.
Wife & Children
Monu is married to Ranu Bahal, and they have a daughter.
Monu Goyat belongs to a Hindu community.
Monu Goyat joined the Indian Army in 2011 because of his sports skills. He played a great number of kabaddi matches for the army. His coach was Jasvir Singh. Because of being in the army, he could not play the first three Pro Kabaddi League seasons. In 2017, playing for the Services Sports Board, he made it to the finals of a big championship. In 2016, the Bengal Warriors team selected him for their kabaddi season.
In 2018, Monu played for India’s kabaddi team. They won a bronze medal at the Asian Games and a gold medal in Dubai.
Pro Kabaddi League
Monu started playing in the Pro Kabaddi League with Bengal Warriors in 2016. That year, he earned 59 points from raids and 4 from tackles in 13 games. He became a top scorer and was one of the best 15 raiders.
In the next season, he played for Patna Pirates and got a high score of 191 raid points and 11 tackle points in 26 games.
In the following season, Haryana Steelers signed him for 1.51 Crore rupees. He scored 164 points in 20 games. But, they let him go for the next season, and U.P Yodha bought him for 93 Lakhs. With them, he got 65 raid points and 5 tackle points in 14 games.
He played for Patna Pirates in the 8th season and Telugu Titans in the 9th.
- 2018 Dubai Kabaddi Masters – Gold
- 2018 Asian Games – Bronze
Monu Goyat has a Bajaj Platina and a TVS Suzuki, both of which he won in Kabaddi games. He also owns a Bullet.
Monu owns a Hyundai Creta.
As of 2021, he was auctioned for INR 1.51 crore.
- Monu Goyat is an officer in the Indian Army.
- His uncle, Vijender Singh, trained him and was his first trainer. Vijender was a kabaddi player too but missed the 1990 Beijing Games because of a knee injury.
- In 2018, Haryana Steelers paid Rs 1.51 crore for Monu during the Pro Kabaddi League’s 6th season auction. This made him the most expensive player ever in the league and the top-paid non-cricket athlete that year.
- In the 5th season of the Pro Kabaddi League, Monu was ranked as the fourth-best raider.
- Monu loves dogs and has a Husky as a pet.
- He stays active by going to the gym, doing yoga, and swimming.
- His special kabaddi move is the running hand touch, where he quickly touches an opponent and then gets away safely