Elisabeth Marie Haydon, popularly known as ‘Lisa Haydon’ is an Indian actress, TV presenter, and model. She got into the limelight for her appearance in the Hindi films like ‘Aisha’ (2010), ‘Queen’ (2013), ‘The Shaukeens’ (2014), and ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ (2016). Lisa Haydon is also the head judge of the Indian reality TV series ‘India’s Next Top Model.’
Lisa Haydon was born as Elisabeth Marie Haydon on Tuesday, 17 June 1986 (age 37 years; as of 2023) in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. Her zodiac sign is Gemini. Lisa Haydon has pursued psychology in Australia. She is settled in Hong Kong.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 53 kg
Hair Colour: Natural Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-27-34
Parents & Siblings
Lisa Haydon’s father, Venkat, is a motivational speaker, life coach, and HR consultant. Her mother, Anna, was an Australian native who was a hippy and moved to India to travel and work with Mother Teresa, and she later married Lisa’s father. Anna also helped Lisa with her organic cosmetics company, Naked. Anna passed away in 2016.
Lisa Haydon has seven siblings. She has three brothers and one of their names is Amit Haydon, and three sisters, Julia Haydon, Malika Haydon, and Ameeta Venkat. Lisa’s sister, Malika Haydon, is a model and a DJ, and Julia Haydon and Ameeta Venkat are ballet teachers.
Husband & Children
Lisa Haydon got married to Dinesh Lalvani, better known as ‘Dino Lalvani’ on 30 October 2016. Dino Lalvani is a British businessman and the CEO of the British company ‘Binatone.’
The couple is blessed with three children, 2 sons, Zack Lalvani, and Leo Lalvani, and a daughter, Lara Lalvani. Zack Lalvani was born in 2017, Leo Lalvani was born in 2020, and Lara Lalvani was born in 2021.
In 2005, Lisa Haydon started dating Karan Bhojwani, son of socialite Devieka Bhojwani and Suresh Bhojwani. The couple announced their engagement in 2013; however, they parted ways in 2014 as they wanted to “figure things out.”
In 2014, Lisa Haydon was rumoured to be dating the Indian actor, Varun Dhawan. However, the actress denied the rumours and said she was single. In the same year, it was reported that Lisa Haydon was dating the Indian businessman, Ness Wadia. Allegedly Ness Wadia was the reason behind Karan Bhojwani and Lisa Haydon’s breakup; however, the actress denied the dating rumours. In 2015, Lisa met Dino Lalvani, a British entrepreneur. The couple dated for a year before tying the knot in 2016.
At the age of 18, Lisa Haydon started modelling in Australia on a friend’s advice. She worked in a stretch mark commercial in Australia. In 2007, after moving back to India, Lisa Haydon walked the ramp for Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) and HDIL-India Couture Week. In 2017, she modelled for the ad campaigns of Nirav Modi‘s jewellery company ‘Nirav Modi Jewels.’
In 2008 and 2011, Lisa was the cover girl for the lifestyle magazine, Verve Magazine. From 2009 to 2010, Lisa was the cover girl for many famous magazines like Elle, Femina, Harper’s Bazaar, FHM, and Adore Home Magazine. In 2011, she was the calendar girl for the company, Kingfisher, owned by Vijay Mallya. In 2017, Lisa Haydon was on the cover of the first issue of Vogue magazine, with famous actor, Hrithik Roshan.
In 2010, Lisa Haydon made her Bollywood debut with the Hindi romantic-comedy-drama film ‘Aisha.’ The film was produced by Rhea Kapoor and Anil Kapoor. The film was an adaptation of Jane Austen’s novel ‘Emma’ (1815), and Lisa played the character of Aarti Menon.
In 2011, Lisa Haydon starred in the Hindi black comedy-action film ‘Rascals,’ which was directed by David Dhawan. Lisa played the role of Dolly.
In 2013, Lisa was cast in the Hindi comedy-drama film ‘Queen,’ which was directed by Vikas Bahl. Lisa played the character of Vijayalakshmi, and it got her immense recognition worldwide. The film was ranked amongst the 10 greatest Bollywood films of the 21st century.
In 2014, Lisa was cast in the Hindi comedy film ‘The Shaukeens,’ which was directed by Abhishek Sharma. Lisa played the role of Ahana Bakshi.
In 2016, Lisa starred in the Hindi comedy film ‘Housefull 3,’ which was produced by Sajid Nadiadwala. The film was the third release of the ‘Housefull’ franchise and Lisa played the role of Jamuna Patel / Jamuna Nagre (Jenny).
In 2016, Lisa was cast in the superhit Hindi romantic-drama film ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil,’ which was directed by Karan Johar. She played the role of Lisa D’Souza, and it was loved by the masses.
In 2015, Lisa Haydon made her television debut as the host and head judge of the Indian reality TV series ‘India’s Next Top Model.’ It was telecasted on MTV India channel. The series was the Indian version of the American reality TV series ‘America’s Next Top Model.’
In 2016, Lisa was cast in the TV series ‘The Trip,’ which was telecasted on the Bindass channel. Lisa played the character of Shonali.
In 2018, Lisa hosted and judged the rebooted version of ‘India’s Next Top Model,’ titled ‘Top Model India.’ The series was telecasted on the ‘Colors Infinity’ channel.
Tiff with Kamaal R. Khan
In 2015, Lisa Haydon posted a picture on Twitter of her wearing a sporty outfit and hanging from a basketball basket, and she captioned it as ‘Been working on this dunk thing for a while.’ Kamaal R. Khan made a sexual comment under her post saying, “Should I sit down n watch you?.” Reacting to the comment, Lisa Haydon replied “Ive been told it doesn’t get much lower than you @kamaalrkhan Still need a chair? #LowLife.” KRK started making multiple tweets in reply to actors tweet but Lisa chose to ignore them all. However; the first comment made by KRK was later deleted by him.
And Pls tell me @HaydonLisa did you post tat photograph so tat people will start doing your Pooja n Aarti after seeing tat?
— KRK (@kamaalrkhan) February 1, 2015
N one more thing @HaydonLisa just count your followers n my followers n you will know tat how big star I am. So talk to me with respect.
— KRK (@kamaalrkhan) February 1, 2015
Lisa Hyadon’s Take on Feminism
In 2016, Lisa Haydon in an interview with The Times of India, was asked about her views on feminism, to which she was quoted saying that,
I don’t like the word feminist. Feminism is just an overused term and people make too much noise about it for no reason.”
Lisa Haydon’s statement was not taken very well by her fans on social media and many people started tweeting against the actor’s thoughts about Feminism. However, in 2017, Lisa Haydon changed her statement and said that it was her lack on knowledge that made her comment like that.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- In 2009, Lisa was ‘The Most Stylish Persona Award’ at the Cosmopolitan Fun and Fearless Awards.
- In 2014, Lisa won the ‘Vogue Beauty Award for Best Breakthrough.’
- In 2015, she won the ‘Best Supporting Actress Award’ for the film ‘Queen’ (2013) at the Lion Gold Awards.
- In 2015, she was nominated for the ‘Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress,’ for the film ‘Queen’ (2013).
- In 2015, Lisa was nominated for the ‘ IIFA Award for Best Supporting Actress,’ for the film ‘Queen’ (2013).
- In 2015, she was nominated for the ‘Screen Award for Best Actress,’ for the film ‘Queen’ (2013).
- In 2015, Lisa was nominated for the ‘Star Guild Award for Best Breakthrough – Female,’ for the film ‘Queen’ (2013).
- In 2017, Lisa was nominated for the ‘Indian Television Academy Awards for Best Actor – Female,’ for her television series ‘The Trip.’
Lisa Haydon’s net worth is estimated to be $1.5 Million; as of 2022.
- Movie(s): Devdas (2002) and Omkara (2006)
- Travel Destination(s): Brazil and Bali
- Book: Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman’s Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia, by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Sport(s): Swimming and Tennis
- Lisa Haydon loves water surfing, skiing, and trekking, and she often shares pictures on social media of her doing these adventurous activities.
- She was just six months old when her parents took her and her siblings and moved to Australia. They moved back to India when Lisa was two years old and she stayed in the country till the age of twelve. Lisa and her family did a lot of travelling after that due to their engagement in social services. They juggled between America, India, and Australia until they moved back to India in 2007 when Lisa was 21 years old and she started modelling and acting in India.
- In 2009, Anil Kapoor saw Lisa Haydon at a coffee shop in Mumbai, and that’s when she was picked out for a role in the film ‘Aisha.’
- In 2011, Lisa was announced as the ‘Face of Lakme.’
- In 2012, Lisa was featured in the Telugu action-drama film ‘Racha.’ She made a special appearance in the film’s title song ‘Racha.’
- In 2013, Lisa Hydon launched her own handmade and organic skincare company, Naked Beauty.
- At the age of 18, she worked as a waitress at a restaurant in Mumbai where she was paid Rs. 500 as a salary.
- After she was cast for ‘Aisha’ in 2010, Lisa Haydon went to New York for 3 months to learn method acting. She also took diction classes in Mumbai.
- Lisa Haydon wanted to become a Yoga teacher at the age of 18; however, she couldn’t afford to learn it because she was pursuing psychology at the same time. A childhood friend suggested Lisa to start modelling in order to have an additional income that would help her learn Yoga, and that’s how she entered the modelling industry.
- In 2014, Lisa was signed as the brand ambassador for the fashion e-commerce company, Myntra. She was also part of Myntra’s largest marketing campaign, ‘Live for Likes.’
- In 2014, a watch company, Carl F. Bucherer announced Lisa Haydon as the new “Friend of the Brand” (Brand ambassador).
- In 2015, she was announced as the brand ambassador of Sohail Khan’s cricket team ‘Mumbai Heroes.’
- In 2017, she was appointed as the brand ambassador for Lacelle coloured contact lenses of Bausch & Lomb.
- Lisa was the brand ambassador for Lino Perros, a handbag company, before Katrina Kaif was appointed as the face of it in 2018.
- In 2019, Lisa was appointed as the new India face of Kérastase, a luxury professional haircare brand.
- Lisa has appeared in many famous commercials like Hyundai i20, Tanishq, Myntra, Blenders Pride, Pantene, and Lays.
- Lisa loves playing the guitar and often shares pictures and videos of her on social media.
- She drinks alcohol and is often seen drinking alcoholic beverages with her friends and siblings on occasions.