Kriti Kharbanda is an Indian actress and model who predominantly works in Kannada, Hindi, and Telugu films. She got into the limelight for the Telugu film ‘Boni’ (2009), Kannada film ‘Prem Adda’ (2012), Hindi films ‘Raaz: Reboot’ (2016) and ‘Housefull 4’ (2019).
Kriti Kharbanda was born on Monday, 29 October 1990 (age 33 years; as of 2023) in New Delhi, India. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio. Kriti moved to Bangalore with her family in the early 1990s and was brought up in Indiranagar, Bangalore. She completed her primary education at the Baldwin Girls’ High School in Bangalore and pursued her higher education at Bishop Cottons Girls’ School in the same city. After completing her school, Kriti attended the Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College in Bangalore and attained a diploma in jewellery design. She is settled in Mumbai, India.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 50 kg
Hair Colour: Medium Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-27-34
Parents & Siblings
Kriti Kharbanda’s father is Ashwani Kharbanda, and her mother is Rajni Kharbanda. Kriti Kharbanda has a brother, Jaiwardhan Kharbanda, and a sister, Ishita Kharbanda. Jaiwardhan Kharbanda is the co-founder of Paper Plane Productions.
Husband & Children
Kriti Kharbanda is unmarried.
In 2011, Kriti Kharbanda was rumoured to be dating the actor-producer Sumanth Kumar. He is the nephew of famous South actor, Akkineni Nagarjuna Rao. They both were said to have been in an on-and-off relationship for four years. When asked about the couple, Kriti Kharbanda was quoted saying in an interview that,
We’re the best of friends, I don’t mind going for coffee or talking for hours with him.”
In 2015, Kriti Kharbanda was rumoured to be dating Kriti Sanon‘s ex-boyfriend and Indian actor and model, Gaurav Arora. However, the actors denied the speculations. . In 2019, Kriti Kharbanda started dating Indian actor Pulkit Samrat. The couple met during the shoot of the Hindi comedy film ‘Veerey Ki Wedding’ in 2018 and started dating five months later. They are denying marriage rumours as of now.
Kriti Kharbanda follows Hinduism.
South Indian Films
In 2009, Kriti made her acting debut with the Telugu action film ‘Boni,’ and Kriti played the role of Pragati.
In 2011, Kriti was seen in the comedy-romantic film ‘Ala Modalaindi’ in which she played the cameo of Simran. The film was a huge success and was counted among the 25 Greatest Telugu Films Of The Decade. In 2013, Kriti made an appearance in the action-comedy film ‘Ongole Gittha.’ She played the role of Sandhya/Sandy.
In 2015, Kriti starred in the film ‘Bruce Lee: The Fighter’ in which she played the role of Kavya (sister of the lead actor Ram Charan).
In 2010, Kriti Kharbanda made her Kannada film debut with the romantic-action film ‘Chirru’ in which she played the role of Madhu.
In 2012, Kriti was seen in the action film ‘Prem Adda’ in which she played the role of Girija. In 2013, Kriti was also cast in the romantic-comedy film ‘Googly’ in which she played the role of Dr. Swathi.
In 2014, she was cast in the romantic-comedy film ‘Tirupathi Express’ in which she played the role of Prathana.
In 2017, Kriti starred in the action film ‘Maasthi Gudi’ in which she played the role of Rani.
In 2016, Kriti Kharbanda made her Bollywood debut with the horror-thriller film ‘Raaz: Reboot.’ The film was the fourth part of the horror film series ‘Raaz,’ and Kriti played the role of Shaina Khanna.
In 2017, she was seen in the comedy film ‘Guest iin London’ in which she played the role of Anaya Patel Shergill.
In 2017, Kriti was also cast in the romantic-comedy-drama film ‘Shaadi Mein Zaroor Aana’ in which she played the role of Aarti Shukla. In the same year, the film won the ‘Best Film Award’ at the Stardust Awards.
In 2018, Kriti was cast in the romantic-comedy film ‘Veerey Ki Wedding’ in which she played the role of Geet Bhalla. This was the first film in which Kriti Kharbanda and her boyfriend, Pulkit Samrat, were seen together for the first time.
In 2019, she was cast in the famous action-comedy film ‘Housefull 4’ in which she played the dual roles of Rajkumari Meena and Neha Thakral. The film became the 4th highest grosser of 2019.
In 2019, Kriti was cast in the action-comedy film ‘Pagalpanti’ in which she played the role of Janvi Singh.
In 2020, Kriti was cast in the action-thriller-drama film ‘Taish,’ which was released on ZEE5.
In 2021, Kriti starred in the social comedy film ’14 Phere,’ which was released on Zee5.
In 2017, Indian actress, Hina Khan, made a statement in the Indian reality TV show, Bigg Boss season 11, where she was seen degrading the South Indian film industry. Hina Khan was reported saying that she turned down offers of 2 South films because the filmmakers wanted her to put on some weight in order to look bulky. Her statement was “South mein aise chahiye unhe bulging sab” (they want to cast plus-sized women). However, Kriti Kharbanda lashed out at Hina Khan’s statement and said she wanted to slap her. Kriti was quoted saying in an interview that,
That’s not how you talk about an industry. What do you mean ‘bulging, bulging’ do thappad khayegi udhar hi (she will get slapped by me).”
Awards & Nominations
- In 2014, Kriti was nominated for ‘Best Actress – Kannada Award’ at the South Indian International Movie Awards for the film ‘Googly’ (2013).
- In 2015, Kriti was nominated for the ‘Best Actress – Kannada Award’ at the Filmfare Awards South for the film ‘Super Ranga’ (2014).
- In 2015, she won the ‘Best Actress Critics – Kannada Award’ at the South Indian International Movie Awards for the film ‘Super Ranga’ (2014).
- In 2016, she was nominated for ‘Best Supporting Actress- Telugu Award’ at the Filmfare Awards South for the film ‘Bruce Lee: The Fighter’ (2015).
- In 2016, Kriti was nominated for the ‘Best Supporting Actress – Telugu Award’ at the South Indian International Movie Awards for the film ‘Bruce Lee: The Fighter’ (2015).
- In 2020, Kriti won the ‘Best Actress in a Comic Role’ at the SOL Lions Gold Award for the film ‘Housefull 4’ (2019).
Kriti Kharbanda owns a Range Rover Velar worth Rs 90 lakh.
Kriti Kharbanda’s net worth is estimated to be around Rs. 37 crore; as of 2023.
- Food: Chilli chicken and Matar paneer
- Director(s): S. S. Rajamouli and Shoojit Sircar
- Dessert: Chocolate truffle cake
- During the shoot of one of her Kannada films, Kriti Kharbanda found out that the room service boy who worked at the hotel left a small camera in her hotel room to record everything that was happening.
- While getting a picture clicked, a fan touched Kriti Kharbanda very inappropriately and pinched her very hard on her waist, which caused a blood clot on her waist.
- Before she entered the film industry, Kriti was attacked and whacked by a biker on the streets of Bangalore. She fell on the street and was left traumatised.
- Kriti Kharbanda loves pole dancing and often practices it at her home in Mumbai.
- She is a fitness enthusiast and often goes to the gym and posts pictures and videos on her social media.
- She loves cooking with her boyfriend, and she often posts pictures of her dishes on her social media.
- Kriti Kharbanda loves dogs and often shares her moments with pets on social media.
- She loves collecting shoes and sarees. Kriti owns more than 100 pairs of shoes.
- In 2018, she associated with an NGO working for stray dogs and cats. She took up the #pledgeabowl initiative which worked to provide stray animals with food and basic amenities, and she also worked in creating awareness about stray animals amongst the general public.
- In 2019, Kriti and her boyfriend, Pulkit Samrat, organized a special screening of the Hindi comedy film ‘Pagalpanti,’ for NGO kids of Shiksha Seva Foundation.
- In 2020, Kriti celebrated her birthday at the NGO Shiksha Seva Foundation and took the responsibility of sponsoring the education of 30 girls.
- She credits her class teacher, Baldwin Girls’ High School, from the second standard at Baldwin Girls’ High School, for getting her into the entertainment and glamour industry. In 2023, on the occasion of Teacher’s Day, she made an Instagram post where she credits her teacher.
- The South Indian film director Raj Pippalla saw the billboard of Kriti Kharbanda’s commercial for SPAR, a hypermarket in India. After seeing her commercial, the director contacted her and that’s when she was offered her first film ‘Boni’ in 2009.
- Kriti Kharbanda always wanted to become a jewellery designer, which is why she pursued a diploma in the same. Acting was never the plan for her.
- In 2020, Kriti Kharbanda became part of an interview session with the famous Australian actor Chris Hemsworth, on the second webisode of the podcast ‘Quest for Wellbeing.’ Both actors talked about mental health, holistic wellbeing and the three key elements that changed Chris’ life.
- Kriti loves doing yoga, and she often posts pictures on social media of her performing yoga asanas.