Kotha Prabhakar Reddy is an Indian politician and a member of the Bharatiya Rashtra Samithi (BRS) (formerly known as Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS)) political party. He was elected as MP from Medak in 2014 and 2019.
Kotha Prabhakar Reddy was born on Monday, 6 June 1966 (age 57 years; as of 2023) in Potharam village in Dubbak Mandal in Medak District of Telangana State, India. His zodiac sign is Gemini. He pursued a Bachelor of Arts at Government Degree College, Medak, Siddipet, affiliated with Osmania University (1985).
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Kishta Reddy, and his mother’s name is Lalithamma.
Wife & Children
Kotha Prabhakar Reddy’s wife, K. Manjulatha, is a businesswoman. He has two children, a son named K. Prithvi Krishna Reddy and a daughter K. Keerthi Reddy, an entrepreneur. She is the Co-Founder and COO at StaTwig and was listed in the most prestigious Forbes India 30 under-30 list in 2021.
He follows Hinduism.
His permanent address is House No. 2-9, Potharam, Dubbaka, Siddipet, Telangana.
Since 1986, Kotha Prabhakar Reddy has been running his family business Soni Transportations, a Hyderabad-based logistics company which owns hundreds of buses and trucks. He ventured into politics as a member of the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) (now Bharatiya Rashtra Samithi (BRS)). He was elected as MP from Medak in 2014 by-elections, defeating INC candidate Vakiti Sunitha Laxma Reddy by a margin of 3,61,286 votes.
In the 2014 general elections, TRS party head K Chandrashekar Rao won the Medak seat with a clear majority of 6,57,492 votes. However, he had to vacate the seat to take up the role of the chief minister of the newly formed state Telangana, subjecting the constituency to a byelection. It was speculated that the TRS would lose their hold on this seat after Rao’s departure but Reddy’s win in the by-polls was a major shock for the opposition. He was re-elected as MP from Medak in the 2019 general elections, defeating INC candidate Gali Anil Kumar by 3,16,427 votes.
In 2020, the Dubbak Assembly constituency became vacant after the demise of BRS leader Solipeta Ramalinga Reddy. BRS fielded his wife, Solipeta Sujatha, to contest the seat in the by-elections, but she lost to BJP candidate M. Raghunandan Rao. After the by-election defeat in November 2020, Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao appointed Prabhakar Reddy as the BRS Siddipet district president besides giving him the responsibility of party affairs in Dubbak. He contested the Dubbak seat in the 2023 Telangana Legislative Assembly elections.
Assets & Properties
- Deposits in Banks: Rs 9,93,204
- Personal loans/advance given: Rs 2,71,29,916
- Motor Vehicles: Rs 14,50,000
- Agricultural Land: Rs 9,43,50,000
- Non-Agricultural Land: Rs 23,00,50,000
- Commercial Buildings: Rs 21,09,40,000
- Residential Buildings: Rs 3,90,00,000
Note: The given estimates of the movable and immovable assets are according to the financial year 2019. It does not include assets owned by his wife and dependents.
His net worth was Rs 48,65,21,984 in 2019. It does not include the net worth of his wife and dependents.
- He actively participated in the Telangana Statehood movement.
- In 2023, Prabhakar was stabbed in the stomach with a knife by a man named Gatani Raju. The incident happened when Prabhakar was campaigning in Surampalli village as a candidate for the Dubbak assembly constituency. Consequently, the local BRS cadre nabbed Raju and attacked him with sticks and hands. Reportedly, Gatani Raju is a member of the Jai Congress Mirdoddi Mandal. Raju was taken into custody following the incident and a case was registered against him on the charge of attempt to murder. Prabhakar was admitted to Yashoda Hospitals, Secunderabad, where he underwent a four-hour-long surgery. Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao blamed the opposition for “promoting gundagiri (hooliganism) and violence”