Jyoti Yadav is an Indian Police Service Officer of the 2019 batch of the Punjab cadre who is serving as the Superintendent of Police of Mansa. She is known for being the fiancée of Harjot Singh Bains, Cabinet Minister for School Education in the Government of Punjab.
Jyoti Yadav, also known as Jyoti Singh Nuniwaal , was born on Thursday, 26 November 1987 (age 35 years; as of 2022) in Gurugram, Haryana. Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius. Jyoti did her schooling at Sherwood Convent School, Gurgaon. Thereafter, she obtained a Bachelor of Dental Surgery degree. In 2019, Jyoti secured 437 rank in the civil services examination, becoming an IPS officer of the Punjab cadre.
Later, Jyoti trained at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Parents & Siblings
Jyoti Yadav’s father, Rajendra Singh, owns a transport business. Her mother, Sushila Devi, is a homemaker.
Jyoti Yadav is unmarried.
On 12 March 2023, Jyoti Yadav exchanged the rings with Harjot Singh Bains, a politician and Cabinet Minister for School Education in the Government of Punjab. Apparently, Jyoti first met Harjot Singh Bains at the 2011 Indian anti-corruption movement led by Anna Hazare.
Jyoti Yadav follows Hinduism.
In 2022, she was appointed as the Superintendent of Police of Mansa. Previously she served as the additional deputy commissioner of police. She has also served as the ACP, Industrial Area B, Ludhiana and ASP Ludhiana.
Argument with AAP MLA Rajinderpal Kaur Chhina
Jyoti Yadav came into the limelight in 2022 after having a public argument with AAP MLA Rajinderpal Kaur Chhina. Apparently, Chhina accused Jyoti of conducting a search operation in her assembly area without giving her any prior information about it. Yadav, who was posted as the assistant commissioner of police in Ludhiana at that time said that she was directed to conduct the search operation against anti-social elements by the then police commissioner of Ludhiana.
- Jyoti Yadav loves travelling, painting, and reading in her leisure time.
- She is fond of having street food.
- She is very active on social media.
- Jyoti is an ardent follower of Lord Krishna.
- She is an avid dog lover and had a Pakistani Bully named Sultan. She also owns a Chow Chow named Coco.
- Yadav’s family resides in Sushant Lok, Gurgaon.
- In 2019, she was felicitated at MIT, Pune, for her services to the Police department.
- In 2021, Jyoti, along with IPS(P) Shubham Agarwal, won the Punjab Government Trophy for Punjabi.