Jinson Johnson was born on Friday, 15 March 1991 (age 32 years; as of 2023) in Chakkittapara in the Kozhikode district of Kerala. His zodiac sign is Pisces. He hails from Kerala.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 60 Kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about his parents. He has a sister.
Wife & Children
Jinson Johnson got married in September 2020. He has a son named Hardhik.
Jinson Johnson grew an affinity towards running at a very young age. Initially, he started with 200 m races, later he took specialisation in 800 m and 1500 m races under his coach Jaswinder Bhatia.
He has participated and won many national and international championships. In 2015, Johnson earned a silver medal in the 800 m race event at the Asian Championships held in Wuhan, China. Later, in 2017, he drew a bronze medal in the 800 m race event at the Asian Championships held in Bhubaneswar, India. In 2018, Jinson Johnson represented India at the 18th Asian Games (2018) held in Jakarta, Indonesia, where he drew a gold medal in the 800 m race event and a silver medal in the 1500 m race event, in which he broke the national record by finishing with a time of 1 minute 45.65 seconds in the 800 m race event. In October 2023, Jinson Johnson competed in the 19th Asian Games held in Hangzhou, China, where he bagged a bronze medal in the men’s 1500 m race event.
In 2018, he received an Arjuna Award from the former President of India Ram Nath Kovind.
- In 2015, he received a silver medal at the Asian Championships held in Wuhan, China.
- He drew a bronze medal at the Asian Championships (2017) held in Bhubaneswar, India.
- In 2018, he received a gold medal in the 800 m at the Asian Games held in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- He bagged a silver medal in the 1500 m race at the Asian Games held in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- In 2023, he earned a bronze medal at the Asian Games held in Hangzhou, China.
He owns a Royal Enfield Bullet.
- Jinson has an ‘Olympic Ring’ tattoo on his right arm.
- He practised for the Asian Games (2022) for the 1500 m race at the 4oo m track in Chandigarh, where he finished in his best time of 3 minutes 39.32 seconds.
- He has collaborated with a shoe brand called Asics.