Genevieve Jaffrey is a British Muslim teacher who is the mother of the Indian actress Kiara Advani.
Genevieve Jaanam Advani was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Genevieve completed her graduation at St. Xavier’s College in Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5′ 2″
Weight (approx.): 65 kg
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Family & Ethnicity
Genevieve Jaffrey belongs to Scottish, Irish, Portuguese, and Spanish ancestry from her mother’s side.
Parents & Siblings
Genevieve’s father’s name is Hameed Jaffrey, a Muslim from Lucknow, who was the brother of well-known veteran British-Indian actor Saeed Jaffrey.
Her mother, Valerie Salway, a Christian, is of British origin.
Hameed divorced her first wife Valerie and got married to veteran Indian actor Ashok Kumar’s daughter, Bharati Jaffrey, who was an Indian actress and theatre personality.
Genevieve has a sister, Shaheen Aggarwal, who is a teacher.
Her stepsister, Anuradha Patel, an Indian actress, is the daughter of Genevieve’s stepmother, Bharati Jaffrey and her first husband, Dr Veerendra Patel, who is an orthodontist in Mumbai.
Husband & Children
Genevieve is married to Jagdeep Advani, a Sindhi businessman. Her son, Mishaal Advani, is a rapper and composer, and her daughter, Kiara Advani, is a well-known Indian actress, who primarily appears in Hindi films.
Genevieve step-grandfather, Ashok Kumar, a well-known Indian actor, was the elder brother of Kishore Kumar, who was a popular Indian playback singer and actor.
Her stepgrandmother’s name is Shobha Devi. Genevieve’s son-in-law, Sidharth Malhotra, is an Indian actor who primarily appears in Bollywood films.
Before getting married to Jagdeep Advani, Genevieve dated him for around seven years. Talking about her parent’s relationship, Kiara, in an interview, said,
My parents had dated since high school and then gotten married. Since they have known each other for a long time, they have very similar mindsets when it comes to cultural values. It’s just the way they execute the same things that differs.”
Genevieve Jaffrey follows Christianity.
Genevieve worked as a principal at the Early Birds Play School in Mumbai.
- Genevieve is fondly called Jaanam by her friends and family members.
- After Genevieve’s father divorced her first wife Valerie, she left Genevieve and Shaheen with Hameed to travel around the world and consequently, Genevieve was raised by her stepmother, Bharati Jaffrey.
- Genevieve and the Indian actor Salman Khan shared a good friendship bond as they grew up together in Bandra, Mumbai. Kiara, in an interview, talked about her mother’s close proximity to Salman Khan and said,
My mom knew Salman sir as they grew up together in Bandra. He would often tell my mother Genievev Advani how one day he would be a star. They have been friends for the longest time and would go cycling together. She introduced my mausie Shaheen to him and Salman sir and Shaheen mausie dated each other long back. It may have possibly been their first relationship.”
- Mishaal’s father, Jagdeep works as a managing partner at Frigmaires Engineers, which is an Indian manufacturing firm that deals in providing solutions for the production of lube oil blending plants, grease plants, dry mix mortar plants, barrel-making plants, and alkyd resin & emulsion plants.
- In 2019, Kiara shared an Instagram post, where she shared a picture of her mother, who was featured on the cover of the Young Mother magazine.
- Jagdeep and his wife, Genevieve share close proximity with the Indian actress Juhi Chawla and her family, and they often celebrate various Indian festivals together.
- Genevieve’s daughter, Kiara, got married to Indian actor Sidharth Malhotra on 7 February 2023 at Jaisalmer’s Suryagarh Palace in Rajasthan.
- Genevieve Jaffrey is often spotted consuming alcoholic beverages on different occasions.