Faruk Kabir is an Indian film director, producer, and screenwriter. He is known for directing and writing the Hindi film ‘Khuda Haafiz’ (2020).
Faruk Kabir aka Faruque Kabir was born on Friday, 18 March 1983 (age 40 years; as of 2023) in Mumbai. His zodiac sign is Pisces.
He did his schooling at Barnes School and Junior College, Nashik, Maharashtra. From 2007 to 2008, he did a course in screenwriting and filmmaking at the New York Film Academy (NYFA), New York City.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Parents & Siblings
His father, Noormohamed Kabir, has passed away. His mother, Sabiha Noormohamed Kabir, is a costume designer. His sister, Sanober Kabir, is an actor.
Wife & Children
On 23 March 2010, he got married to the Indian actress Rukhsar Rehman, who was earlier married to Asad Ahmed. Faruk and Rukhsar dated for around six years before tying the knot. However, in June 2023, the couple filed for a divorce.
His maternal grandfather, Murad, was an actor. His uncle, Raza Murad, is an actor too.
At the age of 18, he started his career as an assistant director. He assisted various Indian directors like Aziz Mirza and Santosh Sivan in the Hindi films like ‘Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani’ (2000) and ‘Asoka’ (2001).
In 2005, he made his debut as a film director with the documentary Hindi film ‘Unheard Voices of the People of India.’ He directed the Hindi short film ‘The Awakening’ in 2006.
Kabir made his Bollywood directorial debut with the film ‘Allah Ke Banday’ (2010). He also worked as an actor and writer in the film.
Some of his other films as a director are ‘377 Ab Normal’ (2019), ‘Khuda Haafiz’ (2020), and ‘Khuda Haafiz: Chapter 2 – Agni Pariksha’ (2022; also lyricist).
In 2019, he directed the Hindi web series ‘Hello Mini’ which streamed on MX Player.
Kabir has worked as a producer for the NCPA Theatre Festival for plays like ‘Bade Miyan Diwanae’ and ‘Falsafa.’ He has also directed television commercials for UP Tourism, Jabong, and Tata, among others. Furthermore, he held the position of Honorary Creative Director at RoshanSpace, Mumbai’s largest out-of-home media company. On 22 February 2016, Kabir established a film production company Spiders Web Productions Private Limited.
- 2011: Nominated For Filmfare Best Debut Director
- 2011: Nominated For Filmfare Best Debut Actor
- 2011: Nomination for Best Director by Stardust Searchlight for Allah Ke Banday
- 2019: Best Digital Film for the film Love 377 Ab Normal by IWM Digital Award
- 2020: Best Web Film for 377 Ab Normal by Mid-Day Hit List Award
- 2023: Nomination for Technical Award for Best Action for the film Khuda Haafiz Chapter II: Agni Pariksha
He has got a few tattoos on his right forearm and fingers.
- Author: William Shakespeare
- He is fluent in various languages such as English, Hindi, Marathi, and Urdu.
- Faruk Kabir loves to play the piano.
- He has been featured on the cover of various magazines such as Downtown Mirror and High On Persona.
- He is often spotted smoking cigarettes at various events.
- Kabir is involved in the Super Fight League, an organization that hosts martial arts events shown on Indian television. He teamed up with SFL and BodyPower UK for the Body Power Expo in March 2014. Kabir has skills in Boxing, Taekwondo, Brazilian Jujutsu, Judo, and Krav Maga, which is an Israeli combat art.
- To maintain his fitness, he regularly workout at a gym.
- In his leisure time, he loves to travel, read books, and write Urdu poetries.