Fahim Fazli is an Afgan American actor and author who is known for his work in the American film industry. He is recognized for his roles in the films “Iron Man (2008),” “Fort Bliss (2014),” and “American Sniper (2014).”
Fahim Fazli was born on Monday, 30 May 1966 (age 57 years; as of 2023) in Kabul, Afghanistan. His zodiac sign is Gemini. He studied till ninth grade.
In 1979, during the Soviet Union’s invasion of Afghanistan, Fahim Fazli’s family was separated. His mother, who was a midwife for Afghan President Hafizullah Amin, fled Kabul with Fazli’s siblings after Amin’s murder, fearing that she was on a Communist hit list. Fazli’s father and another brother stayed behind, hoping for a chance to escape. The family fled to Pakistan and later immigrated to Southern California in the 1980s when the Soviet Union occupied Afghanistan.
Height (approx.): 5′ 11″
Hair Colour: Salt and Pepper
Eye Colour: Brown
Parents & Siblings
His father, Jamil Barikzoy Fazli, was an Army officer in Afghanistan.
His mother, Fahima Fazli, was a nurse.
He has two brothers, and one of his brother’s name is Suhail. He has two sisters named Almara and Mina.
Wife & Children
Fahim Fazli is married to Michelle Walters.
The couple has a daughter named Sophia Fazli, an American actress and voiceover artist.
Fahim Fazli started working in American films in 1985.
He made his film debut with the 2008 film Iron Man as Omar.
In 2008, Fahim Fazli played the character of Al Kohei in the movie ‘Eagle Eye.’ In the following year, he appeared in the film ‘Anti-Narcotics’ as Jalali.
In 2011, Fahim Fazli appeared in the film ‘We Will Rock You’ as a Shopkeeper. He then went on to appear in several American films, including ‘Big Bad Bugs’ (2012) as an Enemy soldier, ‘Fort Bliss’ (2014) as an Afghan driver, ‘Saint Judy’ (2018) as a Taliban leader, and ‘I Am Fear’ (2020) as Rashid.
In 2022, he appeared in the film ‘The Prey.’
From January 2009 to November 2010, Fahim Fazli worked as a cultural technical advisor and language expert for the U.S. Marines in Afghanistan. He also worked at ABC News in Afghanistan in 2009.
In 2004, Fahim Fazli made his television debut with the show Homeland Security as Karzai Bodyguard.
Fahim Fazli then made appearances in many television shows including ‘The Unit’ (2008) as an Auctioneer in the episode “Shadow Riders,” ‘Louie’ (2011) as an Afghan local in the episode “Duckling,” ‘Homeland’ (2015) as a Video Jihadist in the episode “Separation Anxiety,” and ’68 Whiskey’ (2020) as Warlord in three episodes.
Fahim Fazli worked as a voiceover artist for the video games ‘Uncharted 3 Drake’s Deception’ in 2011 and ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops II’ released in 2012.
Apart from being an actor, he is a professional photographer and a motivational speaker. In February 2015, Fahim Fazli worked as a motivational speaker at Arizona State University.
In 2012, while staying in Afghanistan, Fahim Fazli wrote his memoir ‘Fahim Speaks: A Warrior-Actor’s Odyssey from Afghanistan to Hollywood and Back.’ The book soon received ‘first place for a biography’ from the Military Writers Society of America.
- In 2020, Fahim Fazli was honoured with a ‘challenge coin’ from “Helicopters for Heroes” from Texas.
- In 2020, Fahim Fazli received a ‘challenge coin’ from “68 Whiskey.”
Fahim Fazli owns a Porsche and a Mazda CX-5.
- He follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Fahim Fazli likes travelling to distant places, exercising, swimming, photography, and playing volleyball in his leisure time.
- Fahim Fazli is proficient in English, Pashto, Dari, Iranian Farsi, Tajik from Tajikistan, Arabic, Spanish, Hindi, and Pakistani Urdu.
- He is an avid dog lover and has a pet dog named Baba. He often uploads pictures and videos of his pet on social media.
- Fahim Fazli is a fitness enthusiast. He regularly shares pictures of his physical exercise and meditation sessions on various social media platforms.
- He occasionally enjoys drinking alcoholic beverages.