Deepti Bhatnagar is an Indian actor, film producer, TV presenter, and former model. She is known for hosting a religious travel guide TV show ‘Yatra’ (2002) which aired on Star Plus.
Deepti Bhatnagar was born on Saturday, 30 September 1967 (age 56 years; as of 2023) in Meerut. Her zodiac sign is Libra. She did her schooling in Delhi. She then attended Chaudhary Charan Singh University (formerly Meerut University) in Uttar Pradesh. While she was studying in school and college, she was an NCC cadet.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Parents & Siblings
Her mother’s name is Krishna Bhatnagar. Her elder sister, Kanika Tomar, is a former national-level athlete.
Husband & Children
In 1997, she got married to the Indian film producer Randeep Arya, who is the son of Dharmendra’s brother Veerendra. The couple dated for a few years before tying the knot. The couple has two sons named Shiv and Shubh.
No. 503, Stanford Plaza, Andheri West, Mumbai – 400053
While she was in class 10, she started a small business during her school holidays. She used to supply furnishing items, cushion covers, and bedspreads to various stories like ‘Amarsons.’ She used to visit Mumbai for her business purpose. She then started a small boutique. She continued her business from class 10 to class 12.
In 1990, while she was in the first year of her graduation, she won the beauty pageant Eves Weekly Miss India contest. In the same year, she represented India at Miss International beauty pageant in Nagasaki, Japan.
She then worked as a model and participated in various print advertisements and photoshoots.
She was then made a modelling contract with an advertising agency. Soon, she gained immense popularity in the Indian modelling industry.
Deepti has been featured in TV commercials for various brands like Fair & Lovely, Siyarams Fabrics, Onida Washing Machines, Sunsilk, Vimal Sarees, Colgate, and Anne French.
She has walked the ramp for many national and international fashion shows.
In 2001, she made her debut as a host with the Star Plus travel show ‘Musafir Hoon Yaaron.’
She gained immense popularity with the show ‘Yatra’ in 2002, which aired on Star Plus.
In 1998, Bhatnagar made her TV acting debut with the Hindi TV serial ‘Yeh Hai Raaz’ as a police officer. The serial was aired on Star Plus.
Under her film production company named Deepti Bhatnagar Productions Pvt. Ltd., she made her debut as a producer with the TV serial ‘Musafir Hoon Yaaron’ (2001) which aired on Star Plus. Some of her other TV serials as a producer are ‘Yatra’ (2002; Star Plus), ‘Kabhi Aaye Naa Judaai’ (2003; Star Plus), ‘Mohalla Mohabbat Wala’ (2006; SAB), and ‘Main Kab Saas Banoongi’ (2008; SAB).
Deepti has directed a few Hindi TV series like ‘Mohe Rang De’ (2008; Colors), ‘Jo Biwi Se Kare Pyaar’ (2013; SAB), and ‘Safarnama – The Exotic North East’ (2021; DD National).
In 1995, she played the role of Nitu Sinha in the Hindi film ‘Ram Shastra.’
Some of her other Hindi films as an actor are ‘Dulhan Banoo Main Teri’ (1999), ‘Hum Tum Pe Marte Hain’ (1999), ‘Ganga Ki Kasam’ (1999), ‘Mann’ (1999), ‘Chori Chori Chupke Chupke’ (2001), and ‘Rok Sako To Rok Lo’ (2004).
She made her Telugu film debut in 1996 with ‘Pelli Sandadi’ in which she played the role of Swapna.
She has acted in a few other Telugu films like ‘Dharma Chakkaram’ (1997), ‘Auto Driver’ (1998), ‘Sultan’ (1999), ‘Maa Annayya’ (2000), and ‘Kondaveeti Simhasanam’ (2002).
In 1997, Deepti played the role of Vijayalakshmi in her debut Tamil film ‘Dharma Chakkaram.’
She has appeared in a few other Tamil films like ‘Kaama’ (1999) and ‘Snegithiye’ (2000).
In 2000, she acted in the Kannada film ‘Galate Aliyandru.’
She has also appeared in the Malayalam film ‘Rakkilipattu’ (2007).
In 2022, she appeared in the second season of the Zee5 web series ‘Never Kiss Your Best Friend (season 2) as Sangeeta Malhotra.
She has also been featured in a few music videos like ‘Mera Laung Gawacha’ (1991 by Bally Sagoo) and ‘Lal Garara’ (1996 by Hans Raj Hans).
In 2014, she started her YouTube channel ‘Travel with Deepti Bhatnagar’ on which she uploads her travel videos. She has around 185k subscribers on her channel.
She has also sung a few songs in her films.
- 2005: Best Show in the Non-Fiction Category at the EMMY Award in New York, USA for the Hindi TV show Yatra
- 2006: Indian Television Awards for the Best Non-Fiction Religious Travel Show & Non-Fiction Travel Show for the Hindi TV shows Yatra and Musafir Hoon Yaaron respectively
- 2010: Award for the TV serial Buniyaad (The Remake)
- In her younger days, she played hockey and badminton at the state level.
- In an interview, she shared that once one of the Indian actors spotted her in the Siyaram ad and recommended her name to a film producer. The film producer offered her a role in the film starring Jackie Shroff. She said that at that time she had bought a house and needed money, so she agreed to do the film.
- She is an ardent devotee of Lord Shiva and often visits various temples.
- Deepti is visharad in Indian classical music. She studied vocal music in school and college. She did her training in Indian classical music for almost nine years.
- In her leisure time, she loves to travel, play golf, and hang out with her friends.
- She is often spotted consuming alcohol at parties and events.
- She has been featured on the cover of various magazines.
- Deepti is an avid animal lover and owns a pet dog named Oreo.