Deepali Sayed is an Indian actress, politician, and social worker. She worked in the Marathi film industry and is well-known for her acting in the film Durga Mhantat Mala and Jau Tithe Khau. She is the founder of Deepali Bhosale Sayed Charitable Trust and got recognition for her social work during Covid times.
Deepali Bhosale Sayed was born on Saturday, 1 April 1978 (age 45 years, as of 2023), in Bihar, India. She completed her schooling at a private school in Bihar. She pursued her graduation at Nalanda University, Bihar. She earned a degree of Master of Science from SK Pantwalawalkar Madhyamik Vidyalaya, Kurla East, Mumbai, Maharashtra. She started her film career in the Marathi film industry.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 65 kg
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Light Brown
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about her parents. She has a brother.
Husband & Children
Deepali Sayed got married on 31 May 1998, to Jahangir Alamgir Sayed, also known as Bobbie Khan, who is a businessman. She has a son, Ali Sayed, who is a photographer and stylist.
Deepali Sayed follows Hindu Religion.
D/1/9/404, Yamuna Nagar, Welfare Society, Oshiwara Road Near Lokhandwala New Link Road, Andheri West Mumbai 40005.
Deepali Sayed started her acting career with a Marathi comedy film Chatur Navra Chikni Baiko in 2004. She appeared in a song, Ye Ga Ye Main, in the film Jatra: Hyalagaad Re Tyalagaad, released in 2005, from which she gained fame. In 2006, she appeared in Chashme Bahaddar and Hirva Chuda. In 2007, Deepali played the main lead in the Jau Tithe Khau film, and she also did a film, named Mumbaicha Dabewala, in the same year. She performed a character of a Lavani dancer in a film, Sasu Numbari Jawai Dus Numbri, in 2008. In 2009, she did the role of supporting lead in the comedy film Lagnachi Varat Londonchya Ghara. She acted in the romantic comedy Ladi Godi, in which she played the character of Sharmila. She had the leading role in many films like Durga Mhantat Mala(2011), Sambha: Aajcha Chhavaa(2012), Ghungarachya Nadat(2014), Bola Alakh Niranjan (2019), and many more. She performed as a dancer in films like Uchla Re Uchla(2012) and Fekam Faak (2013). In 2020, she appeared in a short video “Punha Ekada Garud Bharari Gheu.”
Prior to Lok Sabha Election 2014, Deepali Sayed joined the Aam Aadmi Party. In 2014, she contested Lok Sabha Elections from Ahmednagar constituency on the ticket from Aam Aadmi Party. However, she lost the elections. In 2019, she contested the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly Elections from Mumbra-Kalwa (Thane) on the ticket from the Shiv Sena party, but she faced defeat in the elections.
Deepali Sayed opened up a Deepali Bhosale Sayed Charitable Trust, which helped people during covid times. Her trust distributed food and other basic necessities to people. She opened up old age homes, and orphanages, helped flood victims, and in girl marriages. She gets recognization for her social work as her work is registered with the World Book of Records. She also collaborated with different foundations like My Earth Foundation, Pani Foundation, etc., during their campaigns.
Her former personal assistant, Baburao Shinde, took a conference in Ahmednagar and accused her of having a connection with Dawood Ibrahim. He claimed that she is a Pakistani citizen and has a fake passport to stay in India. He also alleged that she owns property in Dubai and London. Deepali Sayed registered a police case against him under sections 509 (word, gesture, or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman), 506 (2) (criminal intimidation), and 500 (defamation) of the Indian Penal Code. She logged a case stating that Baburao Shinde threatens to kill her and tries to defame her.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- Awarded Guinness World Records for her social work.
- She received an award for Most Glamorous Actor at International Genius Icon Achiever Award Ceremony, on 27 August 2022.
- She was the Social Activist of the Year 2022, at the seventh Perfect Achievers Awards.
- She received the India Unbound Excellence award in 2018.
She owns a Honda Accord and Fortuner.
Assets & Properties
- Bank Deposits: Rs. 2,38,845
- LIC or other insurance Policies: Rs. 48,82,620
- Personal loans/advance given: Rs. 33,00,000
- Motor Vehicles: Rs. 54,00,000
- Residential Buildings: Rs. 1,75,00,000
Note: The given estimates of movable and immovable assets are according to the year 2019. It excludes the assets owned by her husband.
Deepali Sayed’s net worth for the year 2019 was estimated to be Rs. 2,94,35,934. It excludes the net worth of her husband.
- Deepali Sayed is also known as Deepali Jahangir Sayed.
- In 2021, she created a women bouncer’s team by the name “DBS Mahila Dakshata Pathak.”
- She took a fast unto death along with the farmers of Ahmednagar for the implementation of the Sakalai irrigation scheme.
- She received an Honorary Doctorate in Public Administration.
- With the help of the Municipal Corporation and Maharashtra Pollution Control Board, My Earth Foundation and Deepali Bhosale Sayed Charitable Trust organized the first-ever fashion show based on the topic of waste management in 2020.
- She was the judge of the Marathi dance show “Apsara Aali.”
- She appeared in a Tv show Kitchen Kalakaar on ZEE Marathi.
- She is a Lavani dancer and has performed in many Marathi TV shows and awards.
- She is a dog lover, and she owns a dog named Pudding.
- She loves riding a horse and visits her friend’s farmhouse to practice.