Deepak Kalra is an Indian actor, producer, rapper, anchor, and music composer who works in Bollywood. He is known for his appearance in films like ‘Fan’ (2016), ‘Wajah Tum Ho’ (2016), ‘Jai Mummy Di’ (2020), and ‘Gumraah’ (2023).
Deepak Kalra was born on Sunday, 11 December 1994 (age 28 years; as of 2022) in New Delhi, India.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
His mother’s name is Pooja Kalra. Deepak has an elder brother named Saurabh Kalra.
Wife & Children
Deepak Kalra is unmarried and has no children.
Deepak Kalra made his debut as a junior artist with the film ‘Rockstar’ (2011).
In 2016, he played the role of a cyber chat boy in the film ‘Fan.’ Deepak appeared in various other films including ‘Sunshine Music Tours and Travels’ (2016), ‘Wajah Tum Ho’ (2016), ‘Nawabzaade’ (2018), ‘Jai Mummy Di’ (2020), and ‘Gumraah’ (2023).
Deepal appeared in a short film titled ‘Mehsoos’ in 2019.
Deepak made his digital debut with ALTBalaji’s erotic horror web series ‘Ragini MMS: Returns’ in 2017. He played the role of Shakti in the series. Kalra was featured in various other web series such as ‘Banned’ (2018), ‘Dosti Ka Naya Maidan’ (2020), and ‘Guilty Minds’ (2022).
In 2019, Deepak Kalra produced the short film ‘Mehsoos,’ which was awarded the Silver Film of the Year in the Amateur Category under the 50-hour filmmaking challenge of the Indian Film Project 2019.
- October 2019: India Film Project award for the short film ‘Mehsoos’ (2019)
- December 2022: Awarded at the 15th Global Film Festival Noida for breakthrough performance in the web series Guilty Minds (2022)
Deepak Kalra owns a MG Astor.
- Deepak is fondly called ‘Guddu’ by his family members, while his friends often call him ‘Kaleshi.’
- He uses the word ‘Kalesh’ as his catchphrase.
- Deepak, through an Instagram post, revealed that his father was against his decision to pursue a career in acting; however, his mother supported him throughout his journey.
- In 2008, Deepak took a trip with his mother Pooja Kalra and brother Saurav Kalra from Delhi to Mumbai. His first stop in the city was Mannat, the abode of the famous Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan, whom he admired greatly.
- Deepak moved to Mumbai in 2011. In his quest to become an actor and land roles in films and advertisements, he spent considerable time visiting various production houses throughout the city. Thereafter, he was shortlisted for a role in the film ‘Ladies vs Ricky Bahl’ in 2011; however, the director Maneesh Sharma later replaced Deepak with one of the brothers of Parineeti Chopra for that role.
- Deepak landed a role as a junior artist in the film ‘Rockstar’ in 2011 for which he was paid Rs. 750.
- In 2012, he had the opportunity to shoot an advertisement for Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR), the Indian Premier League (IPL) team owned by Shah Rukh Khan. Notably, he even shared screen space with the famous Bollywood actor himself during the shoot.
- In 2014, Deepak Kalra auditioned for the film ‘Fan.’ On 12 February 2015, while having tea with a friend outside Yash Raj Films studio in Mumbai, he took a photo of the studio’s board and posted it on Snapchat with the caption “It is happening” without any reason. Later that same day, he received a call from Adeep Chopra, an assistant director at Yash Raj Films, informing him that he had been chosen for the role of a cyber chat boy in the film ‘Fan,’ which was going to be directed by Maneesh Sharma, who had rejected him for the film ‘Ladies vs Ricky Bahl.’ When he arrived on the set of the film Fan, he was handed a script that included his name as well as the name of another character, Gaurav. When he asked who Gaurav was, he was informed that the role was being played by none other than Shah Rukh Khan himself. During the making of the film, Shah Rukh Khan appreciated Kalra’s typical Delhi swag and even said that it inspired him in the film.
- Kalra has appeared in various music videos including ‘Garmi Mein Chill’ (2019) and ‘Hum Befikar’ (2022).
- In 2022, he was invited to share his inspiring story on Josh Talks, a motivational speaking platform.
- On 8 April 2023, he appeared in The Kapil Sharma Show for the promotion of the film ‘Gumraah.’
- Deepak has set his sights on purchasing a luxurious house facing Mannat, the residence of Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan.
- He has a passion for food and has turned it into a successful endeavour. He hosts a food show on a YouTube channel called ‘My Hunger Pangs.’ The show has gained popularity among food enthusiasts, and several Bollywood actors have made appearances on the show.
- He runs a YouTube channel named ‘Kalesh with Kalra.’
- Deepak is a sneaker enthusiast and has amassed an impressive collection from top brands such as Gucci, Puma, and Nike.