Bhakhtyar Irani is an Indian actor, dancer, and entrepreneur, who is well-known for appearing in Indian television daily soaps and reality shows. He gained recognition after he participated along with his wife, Tannaz Irani in the Indian dance reality show Nach Baliye Season 2 on Star One in 2006.
Bhakhtyar M Irani was born on Thursday, 15 November 1979 (age 43 years; as of 2022) in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. Bhakhtyar completed his schooling at St. Mary High School (S.S.C), Mumbai. He attended Jai Hind College in Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 40″, Waist 34″, Biceps 16″
- A tattoo of his wife’s name, Tannaz, on the calf of his right leg.
- A tattoo of his son’s name, Zeus on his left arm.
- A tattoo of his daughter’s name, Zara on his right arm.
- A face tattoo of his wife on his upper back.
Bhakhtyar Irani belongs to a Parsi family.
Parents & Siblings
Bhakhtyar’s father’s name is Mehelli Irani, and he passed away in 2011. His mother’s name is Roda Irani. Bhakhtyar has two elder siblings, a brother Paurus Irani, who works as a Senior Director – Global Medical Affairs at Pfizer and a sister Delnaaz Irani, who is an actress.
Wife & Children
On 16 March 2007, Bhakhtyar got married to the Indian actress Tannaz Irani.
The couple met for the first time on the sets of the singing reality show Celebrity Fame Gurukul in 2005. Gradually, they got romantically inclined towards each other. However, Bhakhtyar parents were not in favour of their son’s marriage to Tannaz as Tannaz was seven years elder than Bhakhtyar. To convince Bhakhtyar’s parents, Delnaaz and Paurus Irani came to his rescue and convinced their parents of their marriage, and eventually, the couple got married in 2007. Bhakhtyar and Tannaz have two children, a son, Zeus Irani, who was born on 20 March 2008, and a daughter, Zara Irani, who was born on 19 September 2011. Bhakhtyar is the stepfather to Zianne, daughter of Tannaz Irani and her first husband, Farid Currim.
Bhakhtyar follows Zoroastrianism.
Inclined towards acting and dancing from a young age, Bhakhtar started dancing when he was in Class Eight. At the beginning of his career, he started as a background dancer and worked with a few popular choreographers like Farah Khan.
Later, he switched his career from a dancer to a flight steward at Air Sahara and Carnival Cruise Line.
In 2000, Bhakhtyar made a brief appearance in the film Kahin Pyaar Na Ho Jaaye. In 2008, he acted in the film Karz in which he played the role of Dr Dayal.
In 2009, Bhakhtyar played the role of Vicky in the film Love Kaa Taddka. In 2022, he acted in the film Rocket Gang.
In 2005, Bhakhtyar made his television debut with the television show Batliwala House No. 43 in which he played the role of Shah Rukh Batliwala on Sony TV; he was nominated for the Best Actor in a Comic Role Award at the Indian Telly Awards 2005.
In 2008, he played the role of Shiv Raj Khosla in the television show Lo Ho Gayi Pooja Iss Ghar Ki on Sab TV. In 2014, Bhakhtyar ‘s performance as Ronnie D’Souza in the television show Badi Dooooor Se Aaye Hain was immensely appreciated by the viewers; the show aired on Sony SAB.
In 2018, he acted in the popular television show Khichdi in which he played the role of Peter on StarPlus. In 2021, Bhakhtyar appeared in the show Wagle Ki Duniya – Nayi Peedhi Naye Kissey as Jamie Paul on Sony SAB.
In 2023, he played the role of Vyom Sharma in the television show Tere Ishq Mein Ghayal on Colors TV.
In September 2006, Bhakhtyar participated in the couple dance reality show Nach Baliye Season 2 on Star One, along with his wife Tannaz Irani; the couple bagged the third position in the competition.
In October 2009, he participated in the Indian reality television show Bigg Boss Season 3; the show aired on Colors TV, featuring Indian actor Amitabh Bachchan as the host.
The same year he participated in the dance reality show Zara Nachke Dikha 2009 on Star One. In 2011, Bhakhtyar took part in the Indian reality show Maa Exchange on Sony TV; the show’s concept was based on the British reality television programme “Wife Swap,” where wives were exchanged, but in the Indian version, mothers were swaped instead to suit the Indian viewers. In 2013, he participated in the Indian reality television television series Welcome – Baazi Mehmaan Nawazi Ki on Life OK. The same year, he participated in the dance reality show Nach Baliye – Shriman Vs Shrimati on StarPlus.
In 2018, Bhakhtyar made his digital debut with the web series Zaban Sambhal Ke in which he played the role of Perzin on ALTBalaji.
Bhakhtyar Irani owns a Honda CBR600RR and Ducati 796.
Bhakhtyar Irani owns a Jeep Compass, Audi Q7, and a BMW GT.
- Food: Puri Chole
- Actor: Salman Khan
- Actress: Madhuri Dixit
- Ice cream Flavour: Roasted Almond
- Sport: Cricket
- Singer: Adnan Sami
- Bhakhtyar is fondly called Bee and Bucky by his family and friends.
- Bhakhtyar follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- In an interview, Bhakhtyar talked about how he developed an interest in dance and pursued his career as a dancer and said,
I started dancing in grade eight. My brother used to choreograph Alisha Chinai’s shows and I remember doing the fast-forward-rewind action on tape for him during rehearsals! The entire exercise helped me realise that this is what I wanted to do. I then performed at the South Filmfare awards where Prabhu Deva spotted me and complimented me. In 1996, Farah Khan selected me to perform at the Miss World contest and soon I was part of movies like KKHH, Dil Se etc.”
- Bhakhtyar worked as a background dancer in the song “Koi Mil Gaya” from the Bollywood film Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998).
- In 2016, while shooting for the television show ‘Badi Dooooor Se Aaye Hai,’ Bhakhtyar had to shoot a sequence in which his fellow actor had to address him as fat and comment on his weight. Despite the scene being scripted, Bhakhtyar couldn’t take the comment on his weight, and consequently, he shed 20 kg of his body weight and came down to 70 kg from 90 kg within two months. In an interview, talking about how he could not take any comment on his weight, Bhakhtyar said,
The uncle who had to mouth dialogues in a scene, had to comment on my big waist and huge frame of body. I asked Aatish to change the lines because I was not obese. He asked me to take it lightly but I could not, so I went on a diet plan for two months. From 90 kilos I came to around 70 kilos in a span of two months. I did this just to prove that I am not obese and no one can call me fat even if it is a part of the script.”
- Bhaktyar is a fitness enthusiast, and he workouts regularly to keep himself fit and healthy.
- Bhaktyar is an avid animal lover, and he has two pet dogs, Eminem Irani and Cardeebee Irani.
- Bhakhtyar and his wife Tannaz launched a dance academy named TEE and BEE Dance Institute in Dubai.
- Reportedly, in 2016, there were rumours about trouble in Bakhtyar and Tannaz’s marriage. In an interview, Bhakhtyar claimed the rumours of his separation as baseless and said,
Whoever spread the rumours has no other things to do in life. We are very much together and happy. Very soon, Tanaaz and I will complete 11 years of marriage. I have kids and people should think before spreading such baseless rumours.”
- In March 2023, Bhaktyar was appointed as the brand ambassador of We4U India, an online platform that provides home maintenance services.
- Bhakhtyar is often spotted comsuming alcoholic beverages at parties and events.