Bastiaan Franciscus Wilhelmus de Leede, also known as Bas De Leede, is a Dutch cricket player. He is the son of Tim de Leede, who is a former Dutch player and participated in 29 One-Day Internationals (ODIs) for the Netherlands. Bas De Leede is a right-handed batsman and right-arm bowler.
Bastiaan Franciscus Wilhelmus de Leede was born on Monday, 15 November 1999 (age 23 Years, as of 2023) in Nootdorp, Netherlands. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. After completing his school education, Bas de Leede joined an Open University in the Netherlands to complete his graduate degree.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 75kg
Hair Colour: Dark Blonde
Eye Colour: Blue
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 40 Inches, Waist: 62 Inches, Biceps: 13 Inches
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Tim de Leede, and he is a cricketer.
Bas de Leede’s father, Tim de Leede, played cricket at the international level. Tim represented the Dutch team in the 50-over World Cups held in 1996, 2003, and 2007. During the 2003 World Cup, despite his team’s loss to India, Tim de Leede was honoured with the Man of the Match award. His mother’s name is not known.
Bas de Leede has four sisters and a brother.
His cousin sister, Babette de Leede, plays as a wicket-keeper and right-handed batter for the Netherlands women’s national cricket team.
Babbette is six years younger than Bas.
Wife & Children
Bas de Leede is not married.
Bas de Leede began playing List A matches for the Royal Netherlands Cricket Board XI (KNCB XI) on 29 September 2017, while they were on a tour of Zimbabwe. On 29 November 2017, he made his first-class debut for the Netherlands in a match against Namibia during the 2015-17 ICC Intercontinental Cup. In February 2018, Bas de Leede joined the Netherlands cricket team as a replacement for the injured Stephan Myburgh in the 2018 Cricket World Cup Qualifier. Then, in June 2018, he was chosen to represent the Netherlands in the Twenty20 International (T20I) team for the 2018 Netherlands Tri-Nation Series.
Bas de Leede played his first T20I match on 12 June 2018 against Ireland. The following month, in July 2018, he was selected to represent the Netherlands in the One Day International (ODI) team for a series against Nepal. He made his debut in ODI cricket against Nepal on 1 August 2018.
In July 2019, Bas de Leede was picked to play for the Rotterdam Rhinos in the Euro T20 Slam cricket tournament; however, the tournament got cancelled the next month, leading to his inability to participate.
Thereafter, Bas de Leede was selected to be part of the Dutch team for the 2021 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup, which took place in September 2021. In August 2022, it was publicised that De Leede would be participating in the new ILT20 competition as a member of the MI Emirates team. Bas played only one match for the MI Emirates team in 2023. In that match, he scored two runs but did not get a chance to bowl.
Career Statistics (till 2023)
Bas de Leede played 30 matches and scored 765 runs with a batting average of 27.32. He scored one century and two half-centuries. His top score was 123. He bowled 777 balls in total and took 24 wickets. His bowling average is 32.08. He took five wickets in 1 innings and took 14 catches.
He played 31 matches and scored 610 runs with a batting average of 30.50. He scored four half-centuries. His top score was 91. He bowled 336 balls in total and took 27 wickets. His bowling average is 16.62. He took 14 catches.
Bas de Leede played 4 matches and scored 237 runs with a batting average of 79.00. He scored three half-centuries. His top score was 85. He bowled 390 balls in total and took 9 wickets. His bowling average is 29.66. He took 3 catches.
He played 38 matches and scored 879 runs with a batting average of 25.11. He scored two half-centuries and a century. His top score was 123. He bowled 907 balls in total and took 27 wickets. His bowling average is 33.85. He took five wickets in 1 innings and 16 catches.
- Bas de Leede achieved a milestone in the CWCQ match in 2023. He became the first player from the Netherlands cricket team to score 50 runs and take five wickets in this game.
- In the second innings of the CWCQ match in 2023, he played an impressive innings, scoring 123 runs off 92 balls.
- In another match against Scotland in 2023, Bas de Leede hit five sixes, surpassing cricketer Kervezee’s record.
- During his childhood, Bas de Leede had a passion for playing football. He frequently took part in various football competitions throughout his school years.
- His jersey number is # 5 (Netherlands).
- In the Super 12 match between Pakistan and Netherlands at the T20 World Cup 2022 on 30 October 2022, there was an incident where Pakistani fast bowler Haris Rauf bowled a bouncer that hit Netherlands’ batsman Bas de Leede on his helmet. As a result of the impact, Bas de Leede suffered an injury and got a deep cut below his right eye. The game was briefly stopped as medical experts came onto the field to treat De Leede’s injury.
- During his free time, he enjoys travelling to faraway destinations.
- Bas de Leede sometimes enjoys drinking alcoholic beverages.
- In May 2023, during his first County Championship match, De Leede’s father travelled all the way from the Netherlands to watch his son play. Tim even joined the commentary team. In an interview with a media outlet, Bas expressed his joy at his father witnessing him taking his first wicket. Bas de Leede said,
I’m happy that he got to see my first wicket.”