Ashish Kapoor is an Indian actor and Interior designer, who mainly works in the Hindi television industry. He is best known for playing the role of Yuvraj Udayveer Singh in the TV show Dekha Ek Khwaab (2011-2012) which aired on Sony Entertainment Television India.
Ashish Kapoor aka Ashu, AK, and Reyaan Ashish Kapoor was born on Wednesday, 17 October 1984 (age 39; as of 2023) in New Delhi, India. His zodiac sign is Libra.
Height (approx.): 6′ 0″
Weight (approx.): 90kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 44 inches; Waist: 34 inches; Biceps: 15 inches
He has tattoos on his arms and back.
He belongs to a Punjabi Khatri family.
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Sanjeev Kapoor and his mother’s name is Manju Kapoor.
He has an elder brother, whose name is Ankush Kapoor.
Wife & Children
He is unmarried.
Ashish Kapoor and Pearl Grey (2021-2022)
As per the reports, in 2021, Ashish secretly got engaged to his producer girlfriend Pearl Grey.
The duo met on the sets of the TV show Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya 2 (2021) where Pearl was the executive director and producer of the show and Ashish was playing a character in the show. They went on a vacation and got secretly engaged on 12 April 2021. Not only this but they uploaded their pictures together on their respective social media accounts without revealing their identities. They got their engagement date inked in Roman numbers ( XII-IV-XXI) on their respective shoulders. However, In August 2022, news of their separation came out. Both of them unfollowed each other on Instagram and deleted their pictures together. In an interview, Pearl called Ashish the biggest blunder of her life.
Ashish Kapoor and Ilda Kroni (2017-2020)
Before meeting Pearl Grey, Ashish was in a relationship with an Albanian model Ilda Kroni.
The duo met through a common friend in Delhi and the actor proposed to Ilda on 31 December 2017 and Ilda immediately accepted the proposal. As per the reports, they have even exchanged their rings in the presence of their families. However, according to the reports of 2020, the couple parted ways due to certain personal differences.
Ashish Kapoor and Priyal Gor (2011-2012)
As per the reports, Ashish and Priyal were said to be in a relationship while shooting the show “Dekha Ek Khwaab (2011-2012) but ended their relationship as soon as the show ended. They both had plans of marrying each other but soon parted ways. The reason for their breakup is still not known.
Initially, Ashish began his career as an interior designer in a private company, but later on, he pursued acting as his chosen profession.
In 2010, he made his television debut with the horror show Ssshhhh Phir Koi Hai Season 3 which aired on Star One.
Though his acting career started in 2005 he appeared in the lead role in 2010. His other TV shows are Chand Chupa Badal Mein (2010-2011), Dekha Ek Khwaab (2011-2012), Love Marriage Ya Arranged Marriage (2012-2013), Savitri – Ek Prem Kahani (2013), Molkki – Rishto Ki Angnipariksha (2023), and many more.
- His dream is to open a gymnasium that he has personally designed, complete with a small restaurant inside.
- In 2015, he took part in the sports reality entertainment show ‘Box Cricket League’ (BCL) as a player and was even declared the ‘Stylish Player of the Match.’
- Ashish is a dog lover and has a pet dog.
- He is a fitness freak and loves to go to the gym to maintain his fitness.
- He is an avid follower of Lord Ganesha and is often seen posting pictures of Lord Ganesha on his social media accounts.
- Ashish had his first crush when he was in 9th standard. He used to save his pocket money to buy gifts and flowers for his crush. But she turned down his proposal and then Ashish stopped saving his pocket money.
- He is often spotted drinking alcoholic beverages on various occasions.
- In an interview, Ashish said that acting was never his first career choice. He was a very shy person and his parents sent him to attend grooming classes to boost his confidence and overcome his shyness. He started modelling as a side profession as he was also doing a private job as an interior designer. Then he developed an interest in acting and got into this profession.
- The name “Reyaan Ashish Kapoor” was suggested to his mother by a numerologist. According to him, adding Reyaan to his name will bring a lot of fame and growth in his career.