Ashi Chouksey is an Indian Air Rifle sport shooter who gained recognition in 2022 for winning a silver medal in the women’s 10-metre air rifle team at the Asian Games in Hangzhou, China.
Ashi Chouksey was born on Thursday, 7 March 2002 (age 21 years; as of 2023) in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. Her zodiac sign is Pisces. She attended Carmel Convent Senior Secondary School in B.H.E.L, Bhopal, and then in 2022, Ashi Chouksey earned a Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education and Sports at Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar. During her school days, Ashi joined the National Cadet Corps (NCC) which offered sport shooting in 2017. She learned sport shooting in Panchmarhi, Bhopal. After completing her school education, she pursued Air Rifle sports shooting professionally at Madhya Pradesh State Shooting Academy, Bhopal. During the selection trials, Ashi Chouksey was chosen as one of the two candidates out of 225 by the officials.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Not much is known about her parents.
Ashi Chouksey is unmarried.
She bagged a bronze medal in the 50m 3-Positions women’s team event held in Changwon in 2021. In 2022, Ashi Chouksey won a gold medal in the 50m 3-Positions mixed team event held in Baku, Azerbaijan.
She then competed at the 2022 ISSF World Championships in Cairo, Egypt, representing the Indian senior team and won two bronze medals at the 2022 Junior World Cup organised in Suhl, Germany, one each from the individual and women’s team events.
Ashi Chouksey continued her achievements in 2022 when she won a silver medal in the 10m Air Rifle competition in a team event organised in Hangzhou, China. In August 2023, Ashi bagged a silver medal in an individual event and a gold medal in the team event at the Chengdu 2023 FISU World University Games held in China.
In September 2023, Ashi Chouksey secured a silver medal in the 10m Air Rifle team match at the 19th Asian Games organized in Hangzhou, China.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Once, Ashi Chouksey mentioned in a media conversation that she joined NCC to escape academics. She said,
The school I was in put a lot of emphasis on academics, but I wasn’t keen on following that. My school had the NCC program from Class 9. Class bunk karne ke liye maine join kiya (I signed up to try and skip class).”
- According to Ashi Chouksey, running is her hobby, and she likes travelling to distant places in her leisure time.
- According to Ashi Chouksey, she habitually records her scores and reflections in a diary after each session, which allows her to review her progress in various games and practice events. She keeps her diary in her shooting kit for easy access.
- Suma Shirur, a former Indian shooter, is her coach.