Aryanpal Ghuman is an Indian athlete who participates in speed skating. He has been the national skating champion for five years. Aryanpal was a part of the speed skating team that participated in the 2022 Asian Games and won the bronze medal.
Aryanpal Singh Ghuman was born on 12 May. His zodiac sign is Taurus. Aryanpal studied at the Bhawan Vidyalaya in Panchkula, Haryana. He went on to study at the Maharshi Dayanand University in Rohtak, Haryana.
Height (approx.): 5′ 11″
Weight (approx.): 70 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Aryanpal’s mother’s name is Birinder Kaur. There is not much known about his father and siblings.
Aryanpal Ghuman started skating when he was four years old. Aryanpal used to wake up at four in the morning to practice skating. He used to dedicate his day to studies and continue skating practice in the evening after his tuition classes. When asked about how he managed to balance studies and skating, Aryanpal credited his mother and his coach, and said,
Had it not been for her (his mother), I wouldn’t be able to get up in the morning and go for practice and study well. For me to get up at 4, my mother has to get up at 3.30 in the morning. And then I owe a lot to my skating coach as well. He keeps me motivated. In fact, I had dropped out of skating for two years, but he convinced me to get back to it, and now this is the sport that is taking me everywhere.”
Aryanpal has won several medals in local, district, national, and international competitions. Aryanpal was also the national champion in skating for five years. Aryanpal Ghuman came in seventh at the 1000m sprint final at the 2022 Asian Games in Hangzhou, China with a timing of 1:30.466 seconds. Aryanpal was a part of the team that won the men’s speed skating 3000m relay. The team also included Anandkumar Velkumar, Siddhant Kamble, and Vikram Ingale.
- 2018: Above 16 1000m at the 56th National Roller Skating Championships.
- 2018: CBSE National Roller Skating Championship in Raipur, Chattisgarh
- 2019: Won the Overall Championship with 3 gold medals at the 57th National Roller Skating Championships in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
- 2020: Male 500m and 1000m races at the All India Inter-University Roller Skating Championship
- 2021: 59th National Roller Skating Championships.
2022: 60th National Roller Skating Championships 2022 in Bangalore.
Aryanpal Singh Ghuman received the President’s Award from former President Pranab Mukherjee in 2015.
- Aryanpal loves playing different kinds of sports, but skating is his favourite. In an interview, when asked about cheat days for skating practice, Aryanpal said,
Never, no cheat day in skating, In fact, the day I don’t skate, I feel something is missing. I want the wheels under my feet.”
- Aryanpal says that sports has helped him become a disciplined person, and has also helped him academically.