Abigail Pande is an Indian actress. In 2021, she came into the limelight after appearing in the StarPlus show Aapki Nazron Ne Samjha in which she played the role of Shamika.
Abigail Pande was born on 27 February 1992 (age 31 years; as of 2023) in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Her Zodiac sign is Pisces. She did her schooling at St. Joseph’s Convent Girls High School, Mumbai. Fascinated by acting since childhood, Abigail used to participate in various cultural functions at her school. Soon after completing her schooling, she attended St. Andrew’s College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): 34-28-36
Abigail belongs to a Hindi-speaking family in Mumbai.
Parents & Siblings
Abigail’s father belongs to a Jain community while her mother is a catholic. Abigail’s biological father, Rajiv Jain, is a cinematographer. Her mother, Faylene Pande, is a homemaker. Her stepfather, Vijay Pande, is a television director.
Abigail’s stepsister, Kimberly Jain, is an actress.
Reportedly, in 2012, Abigail was dating her co-actor Himansh Kohli; however, later in an interview, she squashed the rumours and said,
I am not bothered about these rumours. I am in this profession where people are bound to talk about you. As long as my parents have the right perceptions about me, I don’t care about what people say.”
Abigail is in a live-in relationship with Sanam Johar, a cinematographer. In 2014, they started dating each other; Abigail met Sanam in Mumbai at a mutual friend’s party. Reportedly, in 2020, the couple decided to get married; however, owing to the Covid pandemic, they changed their plans. In an interview, Abigail talked about this and said,
Everyone around us wants to know when we plan to tie the knot. Sanam and I had plans to get married last year but the pandemic ruined it. We want to get married at a time when it is comfortable for everyone to come and bless us. I feel that if your loved ones and family can’t participate in your wedding, what’s the point? Also, Sanam and I are already living-in and we are enjoying our life together. That’s what matters the most.”
Abigail Pande and Sanam Johar’s drug case
Reportedly, in 2020, Abigail and her boyfriend, Sanam, were summoned by The Mumbai branch of the Narcotics Control Bureau and their house was raided. The Mumbai NCB registered a case against Sanam and Abigail for drug consumption under Section 20 of NDPS after the seizure of Charas (cannabis) at their house in Juhu, Mumbai. According to sources, Anuj, an alleged drug peddler, after being arrested by NCB, revealed the name of Abigail, Sanam Johar, and 20 other celebrities from the television industry who were allegedly involved in the drug case.
In 2007, Abigail made her acting debut with the 9x series Kya Dill Mein Hai in which she played the role of Kakoon Rahul Punj.
In 2008, she appeared in the Hindi reality show Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket. Subsequently, Abigail has appeared in many Hindi television shows like Dil Se Diya Vachan (2010), Yeh Hai Aashiqui (2013), and Saubhagyalakshmi (2016). In 2017, Abigail and her boyfriend, Sanam Johar, participated in the reality show Nach Baliye Season 8 in which they appeared as a runner-up.
Abigail has appeared in a lead role in many Hindi daily soaps like Laal Ishq, Shakti – Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki (2019), Aapki Nazron Ne Samjha, and Ziddi Dil Maane Na (2022).
In 2020, Abigail made her digital debut with the MX Player series Kashmakash: Kya Sahi Kya Galat in which she played the role of Jiya.
In 2022, she appeared in the Hindi web series Dhappa alongside her boyfriend Sanam Johar.
- Film: Rang De Basanti (2006), Jab We Met (2007)
- Dessert: Honey noodles with vanilla ice cream
- Her birth name was Abigail Jain; however, after her mother’s second marriage with Vijay Pande, she adopted her stepfather’s surname. She changed her name from Abigail Jain to Abigail Pande.
- Abigail’s nickname is Abby.
- Her name ‘Abigail’ is a Greek word which means father’s pride
- Abigail started her career in acting at the age of fifteen.
- During her leisure time, Abigail likes to play the piano, read novels and watch movies.
- In an interview, Abigail said that she is fond of the Harry Potter series.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- In an interview, Abigail spoke about her career in acting and said that her father, Vijay Pande, was her biggest critic. While discussing the same, Abigail said,
My dad. He is a director for serials, and I can’t even sit and watch an episode with him because I get so conscious. If he comes on the set I cant even perform in front of him without getting conscious. He is quite blunt and he will tell me what he feels like.”
- She is often spotted consuming alcohol on various occasions.
- In 2017, Abigail’s parents, who were travelling back on an Indigo flight, lodged a complaint alleging theft of jewellery and two expensive perfume from their bag. In an interview, Abigail talked about this and said,”
I am very angry, Indigo airlines messed with my Mumma Pappa’s luggage from Ahmedabad. The lock was broken and her jewellery and perfumes are missing. Its been a week since I’m following up with the airline authorities. And, now they are not reverting. Its very irresponsible on their part to behave like this.”
- In an interview, Abigail recalled an embarrassing moment from childhood when her long skirt slipped down while dancing at a friend’s birthday party. Abigail said,
When I was in the 8th standard, my mom got me this wrap around skirt which just came out. It was this long flowy skirt. I was at a friend’s birthday party dancing and the skirt slipped down. From that day onwards to this date , I have never ever worn a skirt.I have worn shorts, even hot pants but NO skirts. It just reminds me off the that moment.”
- In 2022, Abigail and her boyfriend, Sanam Johar, were featured in a Hindi music album ‘Rootha Re.’ In an interview, Sanam talked about this and said,”
I think imagining a heartbreak for this song, to get into the skin of the character was the toughest thing we had to do as actors. We’re usually this jumpy, happy people, when we’re shooting for videos for our social media, we’re always having fun but somehow we didn’t get this one particular shot correctly. There was this scene where we were leaving each other, I think we took about 20 takes for that one. Visually the song looks very beautiful & I love how this one has been shot in a different manner unlike other pop music singles.”
- Abigail Pande made her relationship official with her boyfriend, Sanam Johar, on national television and exchanged rings; she proposed to him on the reality show Nach Baliye Season 8.