Aarya Ambekar is an Indian actor and playback singer who works for Hindi and Marathi films. She has recorded various songs for Marathi films and albums. She was the finalist in the Indian Marathi musical game show named ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Marathi L’il Champs’ in 2008.
Aarya Ambekar was born on Thursday, 16 June 1994 (age 29 years; as of 2023) in Nagpur, Maharashtra, India. Her zodiac sign is Gemini.
She did her schooling at D.E.S school, Pune. She did her graduation in Economics at Fergusson College, Pune. After that, she did her post-graduation in music at SNDT Women’s University. She has also won a Gold medal in her M.A. music examination. After that, she has done a certificate course in Sound Engineering. She has done a certificate course in Sangeet Visharad with an All India Rank 2.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Weight (approx.): 53 kg
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Aarya Ambekar was born to Samir Ambekar (father) and Shruti Ambekar (mother). Her father is a doctor and her mother is a classical vocalist of Jaipur Gharana.
Aarya Ambekar made her debut as an actress with the Marathi-language film ‘Ti Saddhya Kay Karte’ in 2017. She played the role of a young girl named ‘Tanvi’ in this film.
Some other films in which she has worked include ‘Balgandharva’ (2011), ‘Yoddha’ (2013), Rama Madhav (2014), Cinderella (2015), and Photocopy (2016).
Aarya Ambekar has lent her voice for many Hindi and Marathi albums and Marathi Serial Title tracks. Some of her famous music albums include Pancha Ratna, Garjati Sahyadriche Kade (2009), Marathi Abhimaangeet (2013), Geet Tujhe Gaata Gaata, Hum Aur Tum (2015), and Diva Lagu De Re Deva (2014).
She has her own YouTube channel where she shares her songs and videos. Recently, she reached over 100,000 subscribers, which earned her a silver play button from YouTube.
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Marathi L’il Champs
Aarya Ambekar auditioned for the debut season of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Marathi L’il Champs in 2008. This show was aired on the Zee Marathi television channel. She was among the final 50 candidates that were selected amongst several thousand children across Maharashtra. These children were in between the age of 8 to 14 years. Aarya reached the Top 10 finalists and later advanced to become one of the final 5 mega finalists. In the show, people commonly called Aarya the “Pretty Young Girl.” She set an impressive record by singing the song “Paan Khae Saiyyan Hamaro” beautifully, making it unbeatable.
Aarya Ambekar has appeared in different TV serials that include Suvasini (2011), Dil Dosti Duniyadari (2015), Jeevlaga (2019), Aai Kuthe Kay Karte (2019), Aggabai Sasubai (2019), Majha Hoshil Na (2020), and Yeu Kashi Tashi Me Nandayla (2021).
She appeared as a judge on the Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Marathi Little Champs Season 3 after 12 years from the debut season of this music reality show.
- 2008: Manik Varma Scholarship Award towards future music studies
- 2009: Runner Up of the Sa re Ga Ma Pa Marathi L’il Champs Indian reality music show
- 2009: Maharashtra Shasan Puraskar
- 2010: Haribhau Sane Award
- 2010: Punyaratna – YuvaGaurav Award
- 2011: Big Marathi Rising Star Award
- 2012: Young Achievers Award by Whisteling Woods International
- 2012: Dr. Vasantrao Deshpande Puraskar
- 2015: Dr. Usha Atre Award by Swaranand Pratisthan
- 2016: Vidya Pradnya Puraskar by Ga.Di.Ma. Pratisthan
- 2017: Godrej Fresh Face of the Year Award
- 2018: Best Female Singer and Best Acting Debut Award for the Marathi-language film ‘Ti Saddhya Kay Karte’
- 2018: Most Natural Performance of the Year Award for the film ‘Ti Saddhya Kay Karte’
- 2018: Best Female Singer and Best Acting Debut Award for “Ti Saddhya kay Karte’ under City Cine Awards Marathi by Radio City
- 2019: Sur Jytosna National Music Award
- 2020: Zee Yuva Sangeet Sanmaan
- 2021: Best Female Singer of the Decade Award for the song ‘Hrudayat Vaje Something’ under The Maharashtracha Favourite Kon? Awards
- 2022: Fakt Marathi Cine Sanman for Best Playback Singer Female for the song “Bai Ga” from the film ‘Chandramukhi’
- 2023: Best Playback Singer Female for “Bai Ga” from the film ‘Chandramukhi’
- 2023: Filmfare Award for Best Playback Singer Female for the song “Bai Ga” from the film ‘Chandramukhi’
- Aarya Ambekar sang the patriotic song “Aye Mere Watan Ke Logo” to honour the people who lost their lives in the 2008 Mumbai attacks on November 26, 2008.
- Aarya began her formal music training when she was five and a half years old under the guidance of her mother and teacher, Shruti Ambekar.
- She gave her first music performance when she was six years old, while she was in the first grade.
- In an interview, Aarya Ambekar talked about her music reality show days. She got nostalgic while sharing some precious moments with Veteran actress Pallavi Joshi.